Sleeping Bear

Travel discussion for St. John
mricco

Sleeping Bear

Post by mricco »

Did anyone see Good Morning America? Sleeping Bear Sand Dunes voted the most beautiful place in America. I take so much for granted having that right in my back yard. The secret is out!
mricco
m ricco
msgcolleen

Post by msgcolleen »

Where is Sleeping Bear Sand Dunes? Never heard of it! Gonna Google it! :wink:
I've got 2 tickets to paradise~Pack your bags we'll leave tonight!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
mricco

Sleeping Bear

Post by mricco »

Sleeping Bear Sand Dunes is in the Northern Lower Peninsula of Michigan on Lake Michigan. If you have ever heard of the Cherry Festival in Traverse City it is west of that. Beautiful area-I guess that is official now. Hey, thanks for the inquiry.
mricco
m ricco
papabou

Post by papabou »

bride and i returned last night from 8 day trip to northern michigan and sault st marie ontario. flew in to travis city, spent day at sleeping bear then toured western, northern and eastern michigan shores of lakes michigan, superior & huron. truly beautiful country especially sleeping bear and traverse bays north to machinaw city. crystal clear water & beautiful sand dunes and long stretches of sandy beaches, though water cold and lots of small rocks on entry like lameshur.

really nice & clean and very friendly people but told the winters are brutal. weather was fantastic from low 60's to low 80's with wonderful breezes, great beach weather except for water temp!

papabou