Have any of you seen this book?

Travel discussion for St. John
Schultz

Have any of you seen this book?

Post by Schultz »

Hi There,

So, there I was standing outside during the Easter weekend snowstorm we were having in Ohio the other day. I went back inside to find an envelope from the USVI that had been delivered by the post office.

I opened the envelope and found a book that a friend had picked up in the VI called Recipes and Restaurants in the Virgin Islands. She had thought of me when she saw it and sent a copy. It helped me to forget all about the snow very quickly.

Anyhow, with all of you heading down to the VI for carnival shortly, I thought you might want to keep your eye out for the book. It's a restaurant guide, cook book, island guide type thing.....very attractive. My eye was drawn to the photo on the book's back cover that was taken on one of my favorite beaches.....Secret Harbour on STT.

The book covers loads of restaurants on STJ, STT & STX and each has a little article about the owner/chef for each place along with the other info and a recipe from each chef. I'm told you can buy the book at all the restaurants listed in the book. It must be new because it wasn't around when we were down at the end of last summer.

Good luck. A great way to escape the lousy weather....at least in your head.

Schultz
canucknyc

Post by canucknyc »

I'll definitely keep my eyes open for that!