Key Lime Pie

Travel discussion for St. John
iowaguy

Key Lime Pie

Post by iowaguy »

Planning for our March trip with 12 or 14 hungry Iowans. We'll be eating a couple of dinners at home, but after spending the day at the beach, not sure any of us will have enough energy to make dessert from scratch. Anywhere we can purchase one or two whole key lime pies, or key lime cheesecakes, or other good desserts? We are not so lazy that we need delivery---we can pick it up. Thanks much.
---Jim
Nic in KC

Post by Nic in KC »

I know Baked in the Sun moved to a new location, but if they are still making Key Lime Pies, I HIGHLY recommend them. We got one two trips ago and it was wonderful. Huge and much less expensive than I'd pay for one at a local bakery.

I also want to say you can buy a whole one from Skinny Legs, but I'm not 100% sure.

Enjoy!
paulandtracie

Post by paulandtracie »

Boy I don't know if they make them 'to go' but we love the key lime pie at Shipwreck Landing...can't wait to get some soon!
[/url]
iowaguy

Post by iowaguy »

I called Baked in the Sun and they do have Key Lime Pies available "to go" for $27.00 for a whole pie. Based on Nic in KC's good recommendation, think I may go this route, but if you have any other ideas, keep them coming!
---Jim
Kealani

Post by Kealani »

On a totally different dessert note the Chocolate coconut bar AKA coconut crack bar from Deli Grotto could be split and served. Granted not a grand looking dessert for after dinner but they are awesome!
iowaguy

Post by iowaguy »

Ahhhh...the coconut crack bars. A good suggestion indeed and we may do this a second night. Thanks Kealani.
---Jim
stampede chuck

Post by stampede chuck »

What night are they on the menu? We might just have to drop by for a taste.
Collin
"Packin' up the bathing suits, gettin' out the cowboy boots. That's a sign we must be going home"
iowaguy

Post by iowaguy »

Collin---You'll be staying next door to us---come on over!

BTW, Shipwreck also sells a whole, frozen key lime pie to go--$30.
---Jim
JC

Post by JC »

Hi Jim! I would at least call Lime Inn to see if you can purchase whole pies to go...their Key Lime Pie is the best I've had on STJ! Perhaps we'll run into you all in March! Hope you all are well!

Jen
46 & Counting...

"I didn't come here...and I ain't leavin'"