Another question for locals-urgent

Travel discussion for St. John
djmom

Another question for locals-urgent

Post by djmom »

I really want to bring some gifts for this Christmas thing for local teenage girls.

I am having a really hard time with ideas. The thing I thought of was either curling irons or flat irons.

But I am not sure of what the Carribean girls are doing as far as hair "fashion".

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Otherwise I will probably bring some manicure kits.
"Sponges grow in the ocean...I wonder how much deeper it would be if that didn't happen."
djmom

Post by djmom »

I guess I should add we leave Friday am so this needs to happen tomorrow!
"Sponges grow in the ocean...I wonder how much deeper it would be if that didn't happen."
stjohnjulie

Post by stjohnjulie »

I would say no on a curling iron. Still see more girls going flat if they do anything at all. The women that live here don't really do a whole hell of a lot in the make-up hair department! Too humid, and so laid back. Although, they might like some funky makeup. We don't have much of selection and some fun Wet N' Wild make up might be nice. I picked up little bright colored eye shadow cakes while I was in the states for really cheap. They also had a lot of tinted lip gloss, shimmer powered, that kind of stuff. And nail polish would probably be a hit. Won't take up too much room in your luggage either :)
stjchica

Post by stjchica »

Nailpolish is always fun and I think they would like that..you could tie some curly ribbon on the handle..
~Pam~
"Barefoot in the snow white sand
A bag of sea shells in her hand
She finally found a paradise it seems..."
djmom

Post by djmom »

Ok, so I am really excited! I just went to Ulta and got a whole bunch of nail polish, clippers, files, nail brushes, and lip glosses! Hopefully that will make it easy to divide. I would have gotten some gift sets, but not knowing how many girls we were talking about I decided to go this route.
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

That's really cool, Susan! :D I'm packing up my box and getting it in the mail this weekend.
Kentuckygirl

Post by Kentuckygirl »

I'm planning to take a few things too. Who do we need to get it to? I've mailed things before, but have never brought it with us.
Image[/url]
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

Contact Pia and she can probably arrange for you to drop them off at the info booth when she's there, or at Les's office, or something like that. :D

Last bumped by Anonymous on Thu Dec 21, 2023 8:41 am.