Pandora Bracelets and charms

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
Connie

Pandora Bracelets and charms

Post by Connie »

I just started to notice these bracelets and beads on some people and I just love them.

Does anybody have an idea on where I can buy the bracelet first? I see some on Amazon go anywhere from about 12.99 - about 55.00. What's the difference?
"Paradise...it's a state of mine"
Marcia (Mrs. Pete)

Post by Marcia (Mrs. Pete) »

I've been toying with this idea as well. Would love to hear input.
Marcia (Mrs. Pete)

Missing St. John. As always.
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

I do not have one but all of my neices love them, so I know quite a bit.

I highly recommend that you get your bracelet at a jewelry store, either Pandora or Camilla, they are interchangeable, as are the charms. There are different sizes and styles, and you want to be able to try it on with some charms to see if you like it. It is worth the investment (take it from someone who bought one off the net and had to then go to a jewelry to get an authenticate one)

Then you can go from there. You can spend anywhere from $5 for a no name charm to $200 for Pandora charms with gemstones.
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

what were those other bracelets called that you bought charms for that were really popular? they had square charms that I imagine snapped on. Anyone know what I'm talking about?
Gigi

Post by Gigi »

weren't they called an Italian charm bracelet?
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

Gigi wrote:weren't they called an Italian charm bracelet?
yes! thanks. I thought Pandora was the same. I guess not.
mricco

Pandora

Post by mricco »

I think you will find that a lot of places have Pandora now. The store where I have been buying my daughters (Pandora)and mine( Chamilia)has decided not to carry the Pandora line anymore. When she signed on for the franchise she was told that they would be exclusive to better stores. Now everybody in their brother is carrying them. My bracelet is about 75% done and I love it. Of course I did it with a beach theme-blue glass (looks like beach glass), sand dollars, shells, starfish and of course a cocktail glass with a straw. They are fun. And of course Christmas is coming.
mricco
m ricco
stjohnjulie

Post by stjohnjulie »

On St. John, I think Jewels carries them, and Freebird has an 'off brand' version of it. I'm told that their beads fit on the Pandora bracelets. So you can pick up a few things when you are on island. I'm pretty sure both places will ship to you as well. Not sure if Jewels has a website, but here is the link to the Freebird page with the beads, http://freebirdcreations.com/braceletbeads.html
djmom

Post by djmom »

They have been big here a few years.

Do know they can get quite heavy-and pricey.

If you add up how much it would cost to eventually fill the bracelet it could easily approach a plane ticket...or two!
"Sponges grow in the ocean...I wonder how much deeper it would be if that didn't happen."
LysaC

Post by LysaC »

like djmom said- pandora charms are very expensive.

i got a bracelet as a gift and then loaded it with knock-off charms. i like the knock-off styles better than the actual pandora charms. i was able to put together a beach theme- conch shells, starfish, blue glass beads. yellow gold speckled glass beads- for @ $40! woohoo!

If i chose the same amount of actual pandora charms, probably would run me at least $200!
Connie

Post by Connie »

Thanks for all the ideas and information!

I've been on Pandoras website looking around.

Xmas is coming up and if my Mom asks me one more time what I want, I finally have an answer...lol
"Paradise...it's a state of mine"
Paula

Post by Paula »

I found out that Brighton charms,beads,spacers,etc all fit on Pandora bracelets for a fraction of the cost--so you can mix and match. Last Christmas I bought my daughter and daughter in law 'children' themed charms with spacers,etc at a store that sold Brighton bracelets. By the time I was finished loading up the bracelets (fun!) I'd spent around $125 or so (can't remember exactly)for each bracelet. While discovering Pandora bracelets the following weekend I realized it would have been MUCH more expensive to try to duplicate the bracelet with charms,spacers,etc in the Pandora style. Thankfully, both girls loved their Brighton's.

Now to ME--- I think the look of Pandora is much better, and plan to start some heavy hinting to hubby for my Christmas this year! But if you want a fuller Pandora bracelet at less cost, I thought I'd let you know that Brighton charms,etc will fit the Pandora bracelet and the ladies at both the shops for Brighton and Pandora told me that ladies do this to save some money.
Lindy

Post by Lindy »

I got some knock off beads from Overstock.com and they look great.