rash guard - short sleeve or long???

Travel discussion for St. John
elcnj

rash guard - short sleeve or long???

Post by elcnj »

many thanks for those who replied to my packing panic post. as always, responses were incredibly helpful

This might be a stupid question since it is the hottest part of the year to snorkel but I'll ask anyway. Short or long sleeve?

Also, how is Land's End sizing?
XOXO

Post by XOXO »

I don't know about the sizing. We have both ls and ss rash guards. There have been times where one of us has gotten too much sun and need the ls rash guard . . . But normally our arms don't need much protection. The areas we need a little extra help with are the back and shoulders. You won't regret the purchase, we love ours and wear them whenever we our on the water.

xoxo
toes in the sand

Post by toes in the sand »

I prefer the short sleeve. The long sleeve rashguard that I have does not fit tight at the wrists when wet and just bothers me when in the water. My wife likes that it provides her better sun protection and the loose sleeves do not bother her. She also has issues with getting chilly in the water when we visit (Nov/Dec)
"got a drink in my hand and my toes in the sand"
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

I have and use both. I usually wear the short sleeved one, but like the long sleeved one for days I am going to be out in the sun a long time--like a boat trip day. I don't find it to be any hotter than the short sleeved one.
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
mkb

Post by mkb »

Before reading this forum yesterday, I didn't even know what a rash guard was. Now I think I need one for my next trip to STJ.

Learn something new every day.
BeAsUR

Post by BeAsUR »

I like the SLEEVELESS. You can get them at Academy or whatever Sporting Goods store is in your city. The reason I like sleeveless is I can leave it on over my suit and not get hot if we are going to lunch, etc.
Here's a toast to you on the coast....

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
John LMBZ06

Post by John LMBZ06 »

I have the Lands End medium short sleeve and it fits like it should true to size.

I have heard that Old Navy has a shirt that is similar to a rash guard and offers great protection from the sun, but at a much lower price. You may want to check that out.
pjayer

Post by pjayer »

We like the short sleeve rash guards from Coolibar. The shirts are a bit pricier than some places, but are made well and true to size. My only suggestion is don't get white, because it's too hard to keep clean. We ordered black for our next trip.
When the end of the world comes, I want to be in Kentucky, because everything there happens 20 years after it happens anywhere else. – Mark Twain
Hawaii

Post by Hawaii »

Hi - Our family will be in St.John next summer. Just wondering can you use the under armour football shirts as rashguards. Not sure if they offer the full protection. I know my son has several that would fit my daughter for next year.
equineannie

Rash Guard

Post by equineannie »

I prefer long sleeve; better protection from sun and scratches if the tide or another person pushes you toward coral. They are warmer but as a diver, I prefer that.

Wear something go you will burn.
surfnh

Post by surfnh »

short