Just Thought I Would Share

Travel discussion for St. John
bill

Just Thought I Would Share

Post by bill »

We are leaving for St John on the 5th! Started packing this morning and I feel like a kid on Christmas. I have been going to St. John for 15 years now, and I still get so excited I can barely stand it. I have to work all this week - help - the time can't go by fast enough. My husband took off Friday to ease the torturous wait.

Is anyone else this emotional about St John or am I just nuts!!!
SOonthebeach

Post by SOonthebeach »

You're not crazy- there are a ton of us right there with you! Congrats on the trip in a week- it's always so much fun that last week before leaving- nothing can shake my awesome mood then! Have fun and send reports if you can!
BillVT

Post by BillVT »

No your not crazy. We've been going for the last thirteen years and I still start packing a month ahead. First the boxes to ship down and then the carry-ons. We are still perfecting the process.
lazylane

Post by lazylane »

A sweet obsession! We booked this week for December and I'm already gathering clothes and necessities and ready to pack...now that's a little nuts, maybe!!! :lol:
Pianogrl

Post by Pianogrl »

This is just "St John-obsession-normal"!!! We're 4 months out & I'm so excited & ready to be there....NOW!!

Isn't this a sweet obsession we all have?!!!!
Larry

Post by Larry »

I'm a bit more conditioned, but its exciting. I'm leaving from NY on Tuesday morning for my first visit of 2010. I have not yet packed.
jimg20

Post by jimg20 »

I disagree. You, like most of us, are crazy. :wink: Welcome to our nut house. :lol:

Have a great trip!

JIM
Man it's like some dream we live down here....

NCSue

Post by NCSue »

We also leave on the 5th! JUST started the packing process.....like CRAZY people we missed the deadline to ship boxes down. As stated before - welcome to the nut house!
Larry

Post by Larry »

Are my comments invisible? I feel like I post comments and they are completely disregarded by my fellow forum-goers. Like I'm not someone you know or know enough about so you just bypass my messages like I don't exist :(
greyhoundmom

Post by greyhoundmom »

Larry, I am jealous that you are leaving Tuesday! We have to wait until the 28th and it seems the days are dragging. Just finished mapping out a tentative reefs, bays snorkle itinerary and that was a fun process. Better start that packing and have a blast! :)
GoldenDaze

Post by GoldenDaze »

Oh yeah I am there with you all, 17 years for us and we leave this Sunday! Just a quick 3 nights this time but I am so excited and can't wait to see the fireworks over Cruz Bay - a bucket list item!

Oh and it took 16 years to get down to carry on status!
Bigcheeze

Post by Bigcheeze »

Yes...we're all crazy....crazy about STJ and I just booked for next spring break...so now I have a purpose...lol. My wife and I might take a solo trip in Oct and not tell the kids...just leave and give them a fridge full of food :lol:
parrot eyes

Post by parrot eyes »

Congrats to all of us who are this crazy obsessed... It's fun to share :D :D :D I wish I was going in a few days Larry, enjoy. and the rest of you too. We have a few months to wait.... I was just gushing about St John last night as we were boating with some friends... they just don't get it.... I feel sad for them!!! :lol: :lol:
jimg20

Post by jimg20 »

parrot eyes wrote:I was just gushing about St John last night as we were boating with some friends... they just don't get it.... I feel sad for them!!! :lol: :lol:
That's OK. The more converts we make, the more crowded the beaches and restaurants get. :wink: I like the uncroweded off season just the way it is.

JIM
Man it's like some dream we live down here....

Chris V

Post by Chris V »

we are going at the end f the monh can not WAIT!!!
Its all good!
Image/e/st+john+2010/k/d903/event.png"></a>