Travel discussion for St. John
DELETED

Scuba Divers Question?

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
jofus

Post by jofus »

Hey Jorge,
Try Kiddle Bay, it's just past your favorite, Salt Pond. My Hubby and I stay in a villa just up the hill from there and we haven't bothered with a dive boat since we dove there. Lots of cool stuff to see and swin through on the west bank. You can drive right down to the water, unload your gear and pull your car off the beach so others can access it. It's pretty deserted most of the time.

jofus
nothintolose

Post by nothintolose »

Low Key Watersports rented tanks to my brothers and told them to go somewhere in the East End. They loved it; I will try and track down the name of the beach.

nothintolose

p.s. congrats on your certification!
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

I did my intro dive at Haulover on the east end. It is a great spot and you can go down about 30-40 feet just a little bit off shore. Probably not as great as being far out on a boat, but I enjoyed it and was nice to not have the boat thing to deal with.
AnyTing

Post by AnyTing »

I second Flip Flop. We did shore dives from the south side of Haulover. Reefs on the east side of the bay are great, close to shore, and not very deep. You can also park really close to the beach so you don't have to haul your gear far.
Maggy

Post by Maggy »

Jorge, I just want to say congratulations on your certification!

I have just started the PADI Open Water course and am reading the theory book at the moment. The pool sessions will start in two weeks and then I will do the dives in STJ.

Hope you find a beach to shore dive from.
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

Jorge & FlaGeorge together. Is Florida still ok? You guys didn't tear it up too much did you?
papabou

scuba dive from beach

Post by papabou »

jorge,

another easy shore dive that might be interesting would be the left side out of little lameshure around to lameshure. get there early and you can park near one of the picnic table for set up, inflate your bcd and snorkel out about 50 feet to left then start down. i've only snorkeled and free dived out by rocks but as you approach the end to go around to lameshure you'll have plenty of depth and i believe plenty to see. my only large octupus and eagle ray sigthings have been in that area.

i've done some free diving at the indians and have always thought that would be a great dive. too far to swim from rams head and bvi customs might pull you over and ask for your passport. but still bet a great boat dive.

my buddy and i got our padi cards in 1985 but I haven't dived in several yrs and due to some health issues & properly won't again. max depth about 100ft at grand cayman on night dive from shore out from turtle farm. did it to say we did but we preferred to give out of air without thinking about bt, so we normally stayed under 40 feet. Back in the early 90's, our favorite shore dives were the grottos at eden rock and the upper end of the wall out from the turtle farm on gr cayman, especially at night.

to me a good scuba dive is the only thing more refreshing than a return to stj! enjoy!

papabou
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
nascarfan59

Post by nascarfan59 »

Congrats Jorge!!!

Flip-Flop - I think they were also corrupting Dr. Curley :shock:

God is great, beer is good, people are crazy.
waterguy

Post by waterguy »

I would go along with haul over north

Last bumped by Anonymous on Thu Nov 02, 2023 11:18 pm.