Ladies Week on St John

Travel discussion for St. John
1 of 4

ladies week

Post by 1 of 4 »

Oh...that sounds like alot of fun! I am already going in May but if it works out this year I can think of at least 4 gals that would be into that next time around!
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

I brought it up again tonight and I got the same response. "you are not going to the Caribbean without me, it isn't fair."

I have to say that I agree with him. I would hate for him to take a Caribbean trip without me.

I do a girls weekend every other month and for one week a year, but never any place that he wants to go. He gladly begs off on our spa weekends.

I will have to live vicariously through all of you.
cypressgirl

Post by cypressgirl »

I am totally open in the fall with the exception of my daughter's homecoming dance. I would really hate to miss the day of pampering to get ready and then the pictures before the dance. It's almost like getting ready for the Academy Awards. Is that just a Texas thing, or is the big fuss over homecoming nation wide? I'm talking formals and limos and the works. I doubt if the date has been set at this time, but I'll call and try to find out when they might know something.

The villas on your list are all beautiful. Your whole idea sounds just wonderful. Aren't you glad you had that dream! I hope it all works out.
Kentuckygirl

Post by Kentuckygirl »

I'm another one that would REALLY love to go, but won't be able to pull it off this fall. I already have 2 fairly big girls' trip scheduled this spring, plus spring break with the whole family and our trip to St. John in May. I will keep checking in though, to see what dates you decide on. I know it will be fun!!
sea-nile

Post by sea-nile »

I really hope that I can go!
My friends and relativs just don't "get it".

If I can go this year, the best week for me would probably be the first week of November. I will still have to convince my husband that it is OK to go with a bunch of women that I have never met. :)
My kids wonder why it is OK for me to go meet people I met on the internet and I won't allow them to (i.e: Wisconsin forum party this summer).
RickG

Post by RickG »

Halloween! Halloween! Halloween!
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
Betty

Post by Betty »

Those darn Mom's, we tell the kids not to talk to anyone online, and then we don't take our own advice. My daughter had the same reaction when we were planning the Mediterranean Cruise. Then she was mad at me for planning all of our tours with these people that she hadn't met :evil: and that she was going to get stuck with a bunch of boring people :roll:
Well it was better than she could have ever imagined, The boy teen, her age was the Quarterback of the Laguna Beach High School Team and looked like an a model, she followed him around for 10 days like a puppy dog. :lol:

Cypress ... Homecoming is not a big deal for us in the North, y'all in the south are into football in a big way! Prom is the time the girls and guys put on the bling! :roll:

I can do first week of November 11/3-10

XIslandgirl ... I guess I have to wait till my hubby gets home tonight to tell him about my plans, it may be a different story in the morning :? I think he will be okay with it, he is traveling all the time anyways. Probably wouldnt notice I was gone :oops:
example; all last week in San Fran, red eye home Saturday night, Monday left for Tampa, Thursday in Charlotte and next Monday he leaves for Europe for two and a half weeks. He flys home and then meets daughter and I in Cancun for Spring break. Why are we going to Cancun instead of St John you ask? Well I found he had tons of Hilton Honor points so we are staying in an oceanfront villa for FREE! It was the only Hilton resort that was tropical and had a golf course for daughter to practice on. Varsity Season starts after spring break and she is #1 on her boys team!
cypressgirl

Post by cypressgirl »

Betty, I have found planning trips with friends is kind of like hearding ducks. It's hard to get a group going in the same direction at the same time. You will have to be persistant or it will get lost on the boards. Your first "ladies gone wild" trip may start out small, but as it gets talked up in trip reports and such it will probably catch on and become a popular annual event. Kind of like Jorge's Drunk Broke Friends tour. That cracks me up. I wish hubby and I could get in on that one, but he doesn't drink.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents. I thought I'd also push the topic up to the top for you before it gets to page 2. I'm so devious. Can you tell I really want to go?!
sea-nile

Post by sea-nile »

Betty,
I haven't seen you on show your face. :)
Where are you from?
I told the hubby last night that I am saving money for a trip to STJ with the forum girls and got a big LAUGH! I think that he thinks I am kidding!
I should have enough vacation by November. Do you think that anyone else is serious?
If we could all meet each other before the trip that would be good, but we are all over the country.
Terese
USVISuzyQ

Post by USVISuzyQ »

Ladies,

Another possible option might be to rent multiple villas:

http://www.caribbeanvilla.com/vcombo.html

57 more working days to paradise and counting...
Sue
chrisn

Post by chrisn »

Aaahh Cypress, your daughters Homecoming brought back some really sweet memories for me. Homecoming is HUGE here. We did it year before last. My sweetie pie was actually nominated Homecoming Queen so it was really special and sweet for us. It's a whole week of activities, appearances, football game, and parade that culminates with the dance, more activities, dinner and crowning.

I loved every minute of sharing that experience with her. The shoes, the gown, the hair. Very special but $$$$. Don't give that up for the world. I think I'll cry now...
Betty

Post by Betty »

Cypress I agree, thanks for bumping it up, I have been out all day!

Sea-nile .. I have to have my sister in law send her pictures of us from January, my daughter can't find my cord to download our pictures to the PC. Also need to have daughter do it as I am a computer illiterate! :oops: We live outside of Wilmington De.
Maybe we could do a conference call :lol:

Suzy, thanks for the info, I have never seen it posted before!
cypressgirl

Post by cypressgirl »

Chrisn......I LOVED reading your STJ adventures!! You are quite an author of short stories.

I think we may be too spread out to meet before a trip to STJ. I may be too trusting, but I feel pretty safe hooking up with you fine women from this forum. My only request is to room with a non-smoker and a non-lesbian. Nothing against lesbians, I just don't want to share a bed with one. Other than that I am extremely easy to get along with. I can provide references. (Joke)

I think we need to give it a little time, then get a head count of seriously interested gals. No need to decide on a villa until we know if it's going to be 4 or 14 people. Then try to narrow down a date. I think the idea is adventurous and exciting.

Nov. is probably safe for me. I'm hopping to know for sure in a few weeks.
sitter

Post by sitter »

Betty...I think it's an excellant idea/dream!!! I wish I could be a part of this, but my son just got engaged & we are saving our miles for his wedding on a beach next year....then our ~baby~ just turned 18 yesterday & wants to go to the most expensive colleges....she is the first one to go to college in our family....so gotta save our pennies for that....then her & I are heading for Hawaii in 29 days with my Father...Oh man, there are alot of excuses....but I'd really love to go, sounds like alot of fun!

You all are gonna have a ball!