ITALIAN FOOD ON ST JOHN OR ST THOMAS

Travel discussion for St. John
debbyg

ITALIAN FOOD ON ST JOHN OR ST THOMAS

Post by debbyg »

Will staying on st john oct 23-28th looking for good italian rest either on st john or red hook area of st thomas. We tried cafe roma last yr it was ok looking for somewhere else.

Thanks

debbyg
bchbum82

Post by bchbum82 »

We ate at East End Cafe for my wedding reception. Excellent italian food. Located in American Yacht Harbor in Red Hook St. Thomas.
Anthony
Site Admin

Post by Anthony »

The place to try on St. Thomas is Romano's

http://www.frommers.com/destinations/st ... 37544.html

Not far from Red Hook but you will need a taxi -

It has been years since I was there - I would say their reputation is solid but not spectacular. But Google around for it - we have an old review here

http://www.virgin-islands-on-line.com/s ... 3115.shtml

Virgilio's is also Italian and is in town - further away.
Anthony for Virgin Islands On Line
debbyg

Post by debbyg »

We love virgilios but don't want to take long taxi drive. I thought i saw somewhere that east end cafe had shut down. can anyone confirm if this is true or not.

thanks

debbyg
John LMBZ06

Post by John LMBZ06 »

My favorite is Da Livio in Cruz Bay. I don't think they are open on Sunday nights.
swoop

Post by swoop »

I love Virgilio's...best Bananas Foster there is..
P-600

Post by P-600 »

Try Zozo's in Cruz Bay-- We had great Italian dishes there last January. Get a seat at the bar at sunset. Awesome!!

Julie
Live from St.John
Facebook Group
mahojim

Post by mahojim »

John LMBZ06 wrote:My favorite is Da Livio in Cruz Bay. I don't think they are open on Sunday nights.
Where is this place? I've probably walked passed it a million times.
Zo-Zo's is absolutely wonderful. The sunset is amazing, service delightful(from our experience),and the food was unbelievable.
Just my 2 cents...
Smiles-
MJ
kimberlysea

Post by kimberlysea »

Romanos in STT....Excellent food and service
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

I would recommend Zozos. Excellent service, great wine list, beautiful views (esp. if you sit at the bar), delicious food. It's a little pricy but I think it's worth it for a splurge meal. You can see their menu here:

http://www.zozos.net/

We have been to DaLivios...the service was very good and the antipasto plate was nice, but their pastas and sauces left a LOT to be desired. I suppose I should give it another chance sometime but with so many other choices I don't know when/if we will be back.
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
John LMBZ06

Post by John LMBZ06 »

mahojim - Da Livio is west of Cafe Roma. It has that funny picture of a guy in a hat trying to eat too much pasta at one time. I liked the food. The owner is from Italy and the food is more Italian than Americanized Italian. To me there is a difference between Americanized Italian food and Italian food. My grandparents on my mother's side are from Naples and my grandparents from my father's side are from Palermo. I have a hard time getting good Italian food in Dallas. There are just so few people of Italian heritage here. When I try to go out and get it, the Americanized versions of the food just do not do it for me. I have actually ordered food and when it arrived, I told them they made a mistake on my order. They insist that they did not. I said, this is not pasta fagioli. The waiter said, yes it is. I said, no it is not. Oh well, I ate it. It was not bad, it just was different. I have actually become a pretty good cook myself. Half because it comes so easy for me and half because I love eating so much. We are going to get a ton of opinions on the question. It just depends on the expectations of each person. Kind of like the “do you like the Coral Bay side of the island or do you like the Cruz Bay side of the island”.
mahojim

Post by mahojim »

Very interesting...
Thanks!
Smiles-
MJ