May 10th Forum get together location.

Travel discussion for St. John
David- n Hampton, VA

May 10th Forum get together location.

Post by David- n Hampton, VA »

May 10th there are suppose to be a group of us meeting at the Beach Bar. Recently it seems that that locality hasn't been all that great, for a number of reasons.

I haven't ever attended a get together at BB so I don't have any experiences or expectations....but, after reading some of the others comments maybe we can try the High Tide on May 10th and let everyone know how well that turned out.

Any body else game for this idea?
Mippy

Post by Mippy »

I've never been to STJ so not sure how close High Tide is to BB.

Spoke to Pianogrl. Only concern is "invite" posted with BB as venue. We don't want to lose people if we switch locations, but we're not against it.

Thoughts?
17th Hole

Post by 17th Hole »

My memory may be a bit blurry, but I'm pretty sure High Tide is next door to the Beach Bar. You're pretty much in the same place, but just buying drinks from a different bar. It's all open-air so there shouldn't be much confusion. Someone correct me if I'm wrong though. As I said, mind is usually a little incapacitated when I around that area! :wink:
A mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open.

DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
stjohnjulie

Post by stjohnjulie »

High Tide is right off the ferry dock, first restaurant you see on the beach. The Beach Bar is at the other end of the complex on the Beach. It is not too far from one to the other, but they aren't next to each other. Sundays at the Beach Bar are very crowded, and I would think High Tide would be a nice location to "relocate" to.
David- n Hampton, VA

Alright......not a great deal of consensus. So, I will probably end up starting at High Tide.......if I don't see or recognize anyone form the forum, I'll probably wander down to the BB later.

My wife and I will be there.......we'll be the two looking like were on island time and having fun....no wait....that is everyone else too......so we'll be these two.Image
Last edited by David- n Hampton, VA on Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
David- n Hampton, VA

wow, that was a really small picture....here is another one showing my more clearly how big I am so forum members can spot me right off!