Who is your favorite jeep rental company?

Travel discussion for St. John
CBama

Re: Who is your favorite jeep rental company?

Post by CBama »

Amalie on St Thomas...they are not located at the airport...BUT they bring the jeep to you there, sign paperwork, gone in less than five minutes.....

and return same scenario....you give them a call with arrival time...they meet you in line at drop off zone at airport....

luggage: arrival load one time...departure unload one time........
KTinTX

Post by KTinTX »

Jaybfloyd:

Though I've never seen any 4 dr rentals with the soft top, it doesn't matter...you are not allowed o put the top down on any of the Jeeps. Same rule at ALL rental agencies. Sorry :(
KT
jaybfloyd

Post by jaybfloyd »

I was just there last June and we spent the whole week with the top down. Guess I wasnt supposed to? Seems idiotic to me. Beautiful sightseeing and you have to see it through little windows.
needmesomesun

Post by needmesomesun »

We have used Cool Breeze for years. They are very laid back and close to the dock. We have rented cars that are brand new there, as well as cars that are really beat up, but as long as the car and AC work well, and there is an outlet thing for the Ipod (yes I'm very technologically advanced), I am happy. The main reason I keep renting from them is that one year we had an issue waaaaaaaaaay out on the east end right around closing time (I can't recall if it was a flat, or a mechanical issue). They drove out to us with a new car and didn't act like we had put them out (which I'm certain we had). I find service like that can be a rarity on STJ.

Also, if you are loyal to them (and always return the car in clean condition) they make allowances on the return time when needed. I recommend discussing that last part well in advance as we usually travel during off season.
"The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea."
~ Karen von Blixen