Short trip report with link for pix

Travel discussion for St. John
cindygad

Re: Short trip report with link for pix

Post by cindygad »

Thanks for your trip report. I have Blue Bitch on my short list. How nice they let you rent their suv. Your pictures are wonderful and I loved the octopus!
EagleRayLover

Post by EagleRayLover »

Nice TR and fun pictures. Of course the eagle rays were my fav it loved the octopus and sea stars too!
Leslie, Kids Night In Babysitting
Myheart'sinSTJ

Post by Myheart'sinSTJ »

Wow! awesome pics, loved the eagle rays and baby goat. We were also there in August, I just love the water temps, just perfect, but I thought it was a bit crowded for August especially beaches like Francis and Maho. Thanks for sharing!
ColumbiaSCTraveler

Post by ColumbiaSCTraveler »

Your pictures are A-MAZING!!!!! Thanks for sharing!

I cannot BELIEVE you saw all those sharks! WOW! We have yet to see any that size. We've always just seen baby ones. Not that I'm complaining..... :wink:

Myheartsinstj: WE AGREE! We have NEVER seen so many people there in August. What has happened to the "off season"!?!
SuefromMA

Post by SuefromMA »

Thank you so much!! Those photos are amazing!!

You got my all-time favorites: Pufferfish (aka Porcupine) and Spotted Eagle Rays. Do you remember where you saw the Pufferfish?? I have only spotted 2 - the are so elusive!!

I have seen a shark or two - but, NEVER two together. Argh....that would NOT have been a "happy" sighting for me.

Gorgeous photos - awesome job!!! Thanks so much for sharing!
Bluestreak12

Post by Bluestreak12 »

Those are some awesome photos! My wife took one look at your pictures last week and said that we have to go back! Yea! We've started a St. John fund all due to your pics! Thanks for sharing!
IsaTraveler

Post by IsaTraveler »

I've seen the Pircupine fish pretty much at all beaches...
They are always hiding under rocks or inside coral. The photos with a lighter colored porcupine fish was difficult to get. This guy was huge and hiding. I love seeing them swimming out in the open. So cute.
I also saw two baby spotted eagle rays. That was the highlight of my snorkeling.
Anyway I'm glad people are enjoying looking at these photos and planning trips to St John.
Hopefully more people will post their photos so we can all have something good to look at while buried in snow
Barb Y

Post by Barb Y »

Sounds like a great trip! Your pictures are absolutely amazing! Would you mind if I used one or two for my screensaver? Thanks so very much for sharing!