Compare Walk Estate Lindholm vs Cruz Views

Travel discussion for St. John
di

Compare Walk Estate Lindholm vs Cruz Views

Post by di »

Hello knowledgeable forumites. I am trying to talk my husband into an economical last minute trip :lol: . We have stayed at Estate Lindholm before and love being able to walk into town. The hill back up is a little challenging, but still very doable. Can any of you compare the walk into town to and from Cruz Views condos? We will rent a jeep part of the time, but would love to be able to walk into town when we wanted. Any advise and guidance about units at Cruz Views would also be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks!!!
Andrea266

Post by Andrea266 »

I personally would rather do the walk to Lindholm. Seems to me there'd be less traffic -- or at least less speeding cement trucks -- traveling on that stretch of road, plus I think there's more of a shoulder for you to walk on heading up to Lindholm. To be honest, I've never made the walk from town to either Lindholm or Cruz Views though, so hopefully someone with a little more experience can help you out!
hugo

Post by hugo »

I'd definately go with Lindholm-- the hill is very steep, but it's relatively short, much prettier, and you don't have to worry about getting run over. You can also grab a passing cab for a nominal sum if you need to.
cptnkirk

Post by cptnkirk »

If you don't have a problem with walking to Lindholm then CV won't be a problem. Never had a problem about almost getting run over but the walk would be prettier than the CV walk. We love CV PM me if ya need specifics. Its also cheaper than Lindholm. Lindholm looks very nice though almost chose it once.
View from Unit 3 sun will be way farther right now taken in November
cypressgirl

Post by cypressgirl »

I've never stayed at Lindholm, but I see people walking to and from town all the time. I have stayed at CV and I would not personally want to make that walk. At night it's very dark and I'd be a little scared, plus it's quite steep and after a few drinks, I think I'd rather not. If I didn't have a car, I'd walk down and cab back. I also think that CV offers more in that it has a full kitchen and (small) living area. If I'm correct, EL is more like a small inn and there is just one room and a bathroom. I may be wrong. I love CV for the price. I've stayed in unit 3 and it's very nice. You can cook anything there that you'd want to cook in a villa.
RogerD

Post by RogerD »

We have stayed in Cruz Views half a dozen times and we loved it especially for the price. But I wouldn't want to climb that hill at night after drinking its pretty steep.We like the location though you can get to Cruz bay real easy from this there. Unit # 3 is our fave.
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

I've been checking out Cruz Views for a future stay. It seems everyone likes unit #3. What is it about that particular unit that makes it so popular? I mean, obviously it has a gorgeous view. Anyone got pictures to share? :D
di

Post by di »

Many thanks for all the great inrformation. We will rent a car for most of our stay, but like the flexibility of going without a car for the first day if we arrive late (why pay for a full day car rental to drive less than a mile and park it the rest of the night). We also like to be close to town if one of us rises early and wants to shop or get breakfast while the other sleeps.

I am so appreciative of everyone's time and information. You guys are great!

di
cypressgirl

Post by cypressgirl »

Wow, I haven't checked the forum in a long time. Been busy, I guess. CG, #3 has a fantastic bathroom that was remodeled a few years ago or so, and since I was last there, they have redone the kitchen. Carib. Villas sent me a couple of photos, but I can't find them. Sorry. We also stayed in #10, which is a "premium" unit and costs more, but we liked #3 better.
RickG

Post by RickG »

We like CV. The walk is fine, but Sweet Christine does tend to whinge on anything that's not flat. The CV is shorter than the walk to Estate Lindholm, especially from the Front Yard at 3AM!

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI