Maho Art, Trinidad Charlie's Farm, Friends of VINP seminars?

Travel discussion for St. John
AnyTing

Maho Art, Trinidad Charlie's Farm, Friends of VINP seminars?

Post by AnyTing »

This May's trip will include the Moms. They aren't sun babies like me and think they might want a break from spending every day at the beach (crazy, I know....). I am exploring a few activities that I think they might enjoy, but I'd love to hear from others who may have tried these. Any information from anyone who has participated in any of the following would be greatly appreciated:

1) Maho Campground Art Classes: We are staying right next to Maho Camps, and they have lots of art classes (painting, clayworks, glass blowing, etc.). Has anyone ever taken one of these classes? If so, what was the experience like?

2) Walking tour of Trinidad Charlie's farm: the MIL would get a big kick out of this. It might even make up for me making her climb on a bucket and shoving her rear into the back of a Jeep on the last trip. Anyone done it? Is it worthwhile?

3) Friends of the National Park Seminars: looks like they have classes on West Indian Cooking, gardening, and the like. Not sure what's on for May yet, but this looks like an interesting option.

Any other activities like these?

Thanks!
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

You should check out Josephine's farm in Coral Bay. They have some great veggies and greens and then you can use what you bought for dinner.
greyhoundmom

Maho Art

Post by greyhoundmom »

My grandaughter and her best friend took the glassblowing class last summer. 3 hrs for I think $65.00. Hubby took lots of pics as they learned how to blow, shape, color glass. They each made a starfish, paperweight and stamped window ornament. Just know it's hot as Hades but a fascinating process. I also know there are lots of ceramics classes given, from creating pottery on a wheel to other methods. Sign up as the activity desk if you want to take a class. :D Jan
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

Trinidad Charlie's farm has been on our list for at least 3 years but we haven't made it yet. I would love to hear about it from someone who did the tour.
Lex

Post by Lex »

For years we've been thinking that it would be interesting to spend some time in the Sprauve Library. We seem to forget about it once we're actually on the island (even on rainy days we don't seem to remember it), but I still think it would be very interesting.
Andrea266

Post by Andrea266 »

Unfortunately, the Friends' seminar series ends in mid-April.

I've had the pleasure of touring Trinidad Charlie's property, and I'd highly recommend it. His property is so lush with tons of plants, and of course, Charlie is as entertaining as ever.