Trip Report: USVI / BVI 6/17 - 7/1/07

Travel discussion for St. John
SoCaTraveler

Post by SoCaTraveler »

Well everyone, here we are... 9.5 weeks since we've been back and we still have NOT seen our 2nd box that we mailed home from Virgin Gorda. We received the 1st box 7 weeks from shipment date. This box has a bunch of clothing (shorts, t-shirts, etc.) that the kids need for school... and it has all our scuba gear!

Margo - we have to go to lunch at that great Mexican Restaurant again soon! I need to make another trip to San Clemente anyway as my *darling* daughter left her Rainbow sandals at Secret Harbour Beach (the ones we bought last time we met you for lunch)!!

Carole
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

What a bummer! Did you insure it?
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
SoCaTraveler

Post by SoCaTraveler »

No... unfortunately not!

The main reason we mailed the boxes was because we were flying a 9-seater Air Sunshine flight from VIJ to SJU. We didn't want to get stuck in a situation where the airplane was over max gross weight and have them NOT be able to take our boxes.

As it turns out, the only ones on our flight were our family of 4 and Speedy, who was going to San Juan for lunch. The airplane could have easily taken the extra weight!

Well, I'm still hopeful of getting the other box... just VERY late. The postal service on Virgin Gorda is currently running an inquiry for me to try to find it!

Carole
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
Pia

Post by Pia »

Jorge.....I luv ya and I hope I'm your friend :)

Pia
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
Pia

Post by Pia »

No need - let's just pray for calm water :)

Pia
Ksea

Post by Ksea »

Thanks for sharing all those great details...loved it!
cptnkirk

Post by cptnkirk »

Great report! Thanks for the info on V.G. wife has wanted to stay there, maybe we'll give it a try sometime.