Airport Taxi

Travel discussion for St. John
Bilter

Airport Taxi

Post by Bilter »

What does everyone do for a Taxi from the airport to Red Hook? Private Taxi or Airport Taxi? if Private taxi who do you use?
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

Many will say that you do not need one, and that you can just grap a taxi at the airport. There are many right there waiting for you.
I have a friend in STT that drives a beautiful new taxi and will take you to the ferry.
I am happy to provide you with her number if you would like.
Gizzmo

Post by Gizzmo »

There are van's at the airport that can take 8 people or so at a time to Red Hook. Cost is about 15 bucks each. A private taxi runs around 75 so it depends on how many people you have in your party.
My Avatar is my Corona moment......
njhdrider

Taxi

Post by njhdrider »

We are renting from budget right at STT and forgoing the taxi thing. Budget will let you take their cars onto STJ others like Avis and Hertz wont.
Ride with Pride BKNJIII
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
sunlover

Post by sunlover »

it costs $90 total to "charter" one of the taxis at the airport to take you directly to redhook. This is the published rate. We've done this both by ourselves, and with another couple, and the price didn't change. We only had carry on bags, and weren't charged for them.

The cost of sharing a taxi to red hook(either direct or making 500 stops on the way) always seems to vary from driver to driver, despite published rates. sometimes they charge you for your backpack, sometimes they don't. it's frustrating..... as is stopping at every resort in STT when packed in a hot taxi with 9 other people.

It's a lot of $$ to get your own, but to us after a usually frustrating USdespAIR flight that's always late, it's well worth it...
promoguy

Post by promoguy »

It's absolutely not necessary to get a private taxi from the airport. When we arrived last Thursday there were at least 10 vans waiting. It just isn't one of those necessary things to spend money on.

Save it for a dinner or drink or spices at St John Spice.