New Crown Bay ferry

Travel discussion for St. John
BAILEYBAY

New Crown Bay ferry

Post by BAILEYBAY »

I've heard nothing but good things about this new ferry. Has anyone used it? I am hoping they add a 2pm run. We arrive on May 29th at 1:19pm and if any other forum members are also arriving same Delta flight I think we would have no problem filling the ferry...23 days and counting!!!
Suziekue

Re: New Crown Bay ferry

Post by Suziekue »

Hope you have a blast Baileybay, I’ve heard nothing but good things about the Crown Bay ferry, hope it works out well for you!
Soarin' with the eagles all week long, and this is all that we've learned about living - VACATION!

Chris @ Work

Post by Chris @ Work »

No additional trips at this time but you can always enjoy the local bars in Frenchtown until the 3:30 departure :D
[/url]
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

John and I used it in both directions on our March trip. It's great, and I highly recommend it. The crew is friendly and the ride is pleasant. I like the longer scenic boat ride and very short taxi to the airport as opposed to the short ferry ride and then long taxi ride across St. Thomas.
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
Pickle

Post by Pickle »

Our possible (we haven't purchased the tickets yet) flight arrives around 1:30 p.m. We'll have checked luggage and are thinking about taking the 3:30 p.m. ferry from Crown Bay. Hoping to do the same on the way back and might have lunch around the dock before heading to the airport... but don't really want to think about that departure right now. :roll:
I'm just so happy to be able to finally return to St. John... even though I have to wait a little longer than you, BAILEYBAY. Have a wonderful trip!