Chocolate hole, what is this?

Travel discussion for St. John
thompson27502

Chocolate hole, what is this?

Post by thompson27502 »

Is this a villa or what? The retainer wall and the steel girder structure have me wondering what the stone building is. No windows, etc.
Attachments
1459204421991-234561487.jpg
Teresa_Rae

Re: Chocolate hole, what is this?

Post by Teresa_Rae »

I'm not sure if we're talking about the same structure, but do you mean that building in the middle that looks like it's made from concrete? You said stone, so I'm not sure which one you mean?

I'm familiar with this area, but as for a building without any windows, this is the vicinity of the failed Pond Bay Club, so I wonder if it has something to do with that? A maintenance building, perhaps? From this angle, I'm not sure that it's close enough to the Pond Bay area though, so I could be wrong.

This is what that area looks like from above:
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Let us live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.
- Mark Twain
Coconuts

Post by Coconuts »

I've definitely seen that building as well, and wondered about it. The arched windows are not so much shuttered as they are blocked in with masonry. I can't remember if I saw it through the telescope from Plumeria, or from the porch in our recent stay at Periwinkle when both villas were rented. I'll check before long and report back. In the meantime, if you can find it for sure in a Google maps vertical view, you can check who owns it, here: www.mapgeo.com/usvi. It may be north of the field in Teresa's Google Earth view.

All the best,

Kevin
thompson27502

Post by thompson27502 »

Looks like it is indeed a remnant of the Pond Bay Club based on the GIS site coconuts linked. Kinda tough to tell since a lot is owned by an llc or development group around here.

A Google of the development group linked to PBC materials.
Mark

Post by Mark »

I believe it is the waste management for the complex. That was my impression when the area was all dug up when construction was on going. Then again I am no expert an could be totally wrong.
Teresa_Rae

Post by Teresa_Rae »

Here's the same area, but with more area to the north included:
Attachments
Capture.JPG
- Mark Twain
thompson27502

Post by thompson27502 »

Was walking round chocolate hole shoreline, seemed like folks were squatting in the condos. Spent the rest of the walk trying to figure out how to be one of them. Solar panel, propane tank, solar hot water heater, etc. One straight up had a cistern or 2.

I'm moving...
Teresa_Rae

Post by Teresa_Rae »

thompson27502 wrote:Was walking round chocolate hole shoreline, seemed like folks were squatting in the condos. Spent the rest of the walk trying to figure out how to be one of them. Solar panel, propane tank, solar hot water heater, etc. One straight up had a cistern or 2.

I'm moving...
:shock:

The place just sold, and I'm guessing that the new owner won't take too kindly to that :lol:
- Mark Twain
thompson27502

Post by thompson27502 »

Rats. Back to plan a, leave monday...