Follow up on Family who where sickened by lethal insecticide

Travel discussion for St. John
Berlingirl

Follow up on Family who where sickened by lethal insecticide

Post by Berlingirl »

I am wondering if anybody has any idea to what happened to the family who were sickened and hospitalized because of a certain outlawed insecticide that was used to fumigate the villa where they were staying? Any updates? There has been very little publicity about this and last news was that the boys were still ill but that was a number of months ago. Thank you.
Hoping for a USVI ticker in 2013!
Eric on St John

Re: Follow up on Family who where sickened by lethal insecti

Post by Eric on St John »

Minmal change with minmal improvement last I read. Not expected to improve.... :|
Eric on St John
HughA

Post by HughA »

I too keep wondering about them and had read the same but that was some time ago. Wondering if anyone has any newer info.
Coconuts

Post by Coconuts »

We know neighbors and friends of the Delaware family, who have been horrified by the tragedy that befell them, and they say that the prognosis for their further recovery is not good. The mother is doing reasonably well, the father is significantly worse off, and the sons are severely affected. Their comments were a month ago. The whole thing is heartbreaking.

Kevin
HughA

Post by HughA »

Kevin, is there any hope for future improvement for the boys especially. Are they receiving physical therapy and will that over time improve their situation? If you know, what is their mental condition. That family is on my mind often and would just love to hear that there is some hope for the future if that is indeed the case, Thank you.