Yapta No Longer Tracking Flights?

Travel discussion for St. John
Teresa_Rae

Yapta No Longer Tracking Flights?

Post by Teresa_Rae »

For years I've been using Yapta to track flights to STT, most recently this past summer. I'd typically track 20 or 30 flights and get emails when prices changed.

Yapta is completely different now, and when I search for flights, it no longer gives me the option to look at a bunch of flights and track which ones I want, it looks like I have to manually enter flight info (airports, dates, flight numbers).

Does anybody know what the deal is with this? I'm so frustrated.

Is there another way to search for flights that is as good as Yapta used to be? So far, I can't find anything comparable.
Let us live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.
- Mark Twain
Teresa_Rae

Re: Yapta No Longer Tracking Flights?

Post by Teresa_Rae »

It looks like it's only Delta flights that can't be tracked?? We always fly Delta, it's the only good option that doesn't give us an absurdly long travel day. The "Track Price Drops" button is still there for other airlines when I search for flights.
- Mark Twain
KAY

Post by KAY »

I have never used Yapta so can't help there but I do use KAYAK which sounds similar.
Teresa_Rae

Post by Teresa_Rae »

I believe Kayak and Yapta are part of the same company now, but I'm having issues with Kayak as well.
- Mark Twain
Teresa_Rae

Post by Teresa_Rae »

Well, I got my answer :(

Hi Teresa,

Unfortunately, Delta's flights are no longer available to Yapta from our partner Kayak.com. Delta is no longer allowing their flight data to be displayed on our site (and other Kayak partner sites). However, Yapta can still track Delta flights if you know the flight data.

If you start at the My Trips page and click add a flight you'll be prompted to the page to add the flight. You'll need to enter all the legs of your flight. So you will need to enter each stop/layover in order for the system to track it properly.

For example, if you are going Seattle to Chicago via Denver you would enter it as:

SEA to DEN on flight 1234 on 4/1
DEN to ORD on flight 4959 on 4/1

Then you would enter the same for the return flight right underneath the outbound flights.

ORD to DEN on flight 4503 on 4/5
DEN to SEA on flight 333 on 4/5

I know it is not ideal but it will work to allow you to track a flight.

Amy Terrell
Program Manager

The manual flight tracking she mentioned is extremely time consuming and isn't a viable option; you have to track each leg for each trip (so it's 4 per flight option for me) and I typically track at least 50 flights. Inputting all that info manually would take me hours.
- Mark Twain