What did Santa bring??

Travel discussion for St. John
parafins

What did Santa bring??

Post by parafins »

I hope all of you had a nice holiday. What did Santa bring you? For me a dry snorkel tube, complete with a warning whistle. I'm working on plans for returning in early July for up to 2 weeks! I really need this. Of that 2 weeks I might spend 3 days on Jost so that I can visit Norman Island, and Virgin Gorda, with Jost Van Dyke Scuba. The last day on Jost I might rent a dingy to visit Sandy Spit and Cay. Jost Van Dyke Scuba tours seem to be very reasonable in price and detailed. Has anyone went with them to Normand?
HELLO FROM MICHIGAN...
liamsaunt

Re: What did Santa bring??

Post by liamsaunt »

My parents gave John and I a gift certificate to Zozos. My sister got me a new tote bag for the beach. I gave John the Wood Chart wall hanging of St. John and St. Thomas. No new snorkel or camera equipment this year!
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

From my dear husband - a Caneel 60th anniversary scarf. It is gorgeous, all bright pinks, greens, blues, yellows, oranges and so soft - silk and cashmere. It has all the iconic Caneel and STJ scenes woven into it - donkeys, ruins, turtles, ferry dock, etc. It was my favorite present and a total surprise. We aren't a gift family and the fact that he took the time to seek out something so thoughtful brought tears to my eyes.

And a bright yellow leather family passport wallet, holds all three of our passports in one case. And the color means no more asking "where are the passports?" Because there is no way we can't see it.
JenG

Post by JenG »

We gave a St John themed gift bag to our nephew and his wife....an assortment of things ordered from St John Spice. They traveled with us to STJ last May and fell in love with the island. I received Kiss of the Jumbie coffee beans. YUM! I love that coffee! I gave my husband a UV shirt (UVSKINZ) ....not sure he'll wear it but I'm trying to minimize sunscreen usage on future trips and plan to strongly suggest he wear it! :wink:
loria

Post by loria »

i gave my daughter a trip back to St john.... (and allowed her to bring some friends -- they furnish their own tickets....) of course...they will need a chaperone... so leaving on sunday ....... :)
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
RickG

Post by RickG »

Parafins, the Jost Van Dyke Scuba folks have a good reputation. The price for the Norman Island trip is a good deal. Do they pick up on Jost or only Sopers Hole?

Sweet Christine gave me an Adventure Hat from Sunday Afternoons. Its got a wide brim and a legionnaire style neck flap. If I'm going to live forever I need to start taking care of my Irish skin. I'll be stress testing that hat in the islands for two weeks starting on Friday.

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI
Backtotheislands

Post by Backtotheislands »

Hubby gave me a trip back to St. John!! I just have to plan it for September, October, or November! Can't wait!! :D Rick, let me know how the Sunday adventure hat works out. I've thought of getting one.