Amalie Car Rental

Travel discussion for St. John
2beachbums

Amalie Car Rental

Post by 2beachbums »

Good Morning!

I know Amalie Car Rental has changed ownership. Has anyone used them since then? We have been trying to get ahold of them for almost 3 weeks now to confirm our reservation by credit card. Should I be concerned? Our trip is in January! :shock:
loria

Re: Amalie Car Rental

Post by loria »

I am sure they are busy -- email them -- if they sent you a confirmation when you booked you should be fine. i use them ALL THE TIME!
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
Ed S

Post by Ed S »

Did you try calling Amy directly at 340-774-0688? We are using them for the very the first time this Sunday. We had always used Avis in the past, but based on literally all great reviews and new(er) jeeps (Avis only has 4 door jeeps which have gotten expensive IMO), we decided to give Amalie a try. We initially reserved via their website, then called with our CC# to confirm the reservation (and received a confirmation via email in return).
Image[/url]
2beachbums

Post by 2beachbums »

Sorry, I thought I deleted this! They called me back shortly after I posted this. They have always been a great company for us too. I will be deleting this post hopefully this time!
RickG

Post by RickG »

We've used them a couple of times since this ownership changed. Phone calls usually returned next day. Great service.

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI
Teresa_Rae

Post by Teresa_Rae »

I'm having a brain cramp, when did Amalie change ownership? Are you talking about when Amy came along?
Let us live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.
- Mark Twain
gregsmom1987

Post by gregsmom1987 »

Amy purchased the company about two years ago, I believe, and still is the owner of Amalie. I spoke to her this week; send her an email, it may take a few days but she will get back to you.
Ed S

Post by Ed S »

Met Amy for the very first time this afternoon. As wonderful in person as she is over the phone. Amazing all the way around. So happy to be back on St John!!!
Image[/url]
kklay

Post by kklay »

Just returned back on Saturday evening from our STJ trip. Used Amalie once again. Excellent service and friendly people! Vehicles are outstanding.
2beachbums

Post by 2beachbums »

They had phone issues because the 13" of rain they got!