Oleander Villa

Travel discussion for St. John
PJV356

Oleander Villa

Post by PJV356 »

Looking at Oleander Villa as a possibility, wondering if the loft bedroom is private enough. Any other advice on the villa would be appreciated.

Also, have stayed on Coral Bay side and enjoyed that area, what is this area like?

Thanks all.
Knolmom

Re: Oleander Villa

Post by Knolmom »

I stayed at Oleander Villa a few years ago. The area is very convenient and the views from the villa are drop dead gorgeous. The Viila was clean, nicely decorated but definitely not upscale. The loft bedroom is not very private but would be OK if no one was downstairs. We were there in August and the entire main living area was very hot, the loft area was unbearable even if you just went up there to use. The bathroom.
philbetm

Post by philbetm »

If you don't mind me asking ...when are you planning your visit ? We just got back this past Saturday, 2 adult couples, and we stayed at Sea Cay. The house was really nice and the views amazing ! Would have been really nice if we could have enjoyed the house....couldn't. :( Unfortunately ....less than 30 feet from us was the next home, known as Leeward St. John, undergoing a full renovation and adding on rooms. It was hammers, drills, jackhammers, saws and lots of yelling and cursing....they showed up at 6:30 every morning and this went on until 4:30 in the afternoon....Yes even Saturday and Sunday ! Needless to say none of us got to sleep later than 6:30 am....no breakfast on the deck...so much noise...and spying eyes....no lunch or laying by the pool for the same reason. This was the only vacation any of the 4 of us has gotten to take this year . If we had been informed about it ahead it wouldn't have been such a shock....but nothing was said. I am sharing this because I know that Oleander is not far from it...just down the hill. If you are going soon...I would inquire from the owner as too how long before it gets quieter.

Good Luck on your search !
Sherry and Tom in SC
" I believe there's Magic here...."
HughA

Post by HughA »

For philbetm,
May I ask which agency you rented Sea Cay from? Given the extent of the construction, they really should have advised you.
philbetm

Post by philbetm »

Hi HughA,
I will pm you that info . Prefer not to post that on here. Sure wish we had known about it and could have been better prepared. :roll:
" I believe there's Magic here...."