SOS STT car rental advice

Travel discussion for St. John
Agent99

SOS STT car rental advice

Post by Agent99 »

Calling all STT car rental veterans!

I'm thrilled that we have a last minute (for us) trip in the pipeline- wasn't sure we were going to be able to pull it together this year. Our stand by places on STJ are sold out so we may need to rent the car at the airport and car ferry over. We've never done that and I have always wanted to try it. I've searched the old threads and have seen a million references to good experiences in trip reports but would be grateful for any word on a reliable rental agency at the airport.
kklay

Re: SOS STT car rental advice

Post by kklay »

Agent99,

Our group has used DEPENDABLE car rental on STT a couple of times, no issues although the cars have dings and scrapes On them and I believe one time we had to add some air to a tire. For our last 5 trips or so we've used Amalie car rental. We absolutely love them - very nice and make our travels very easy!

Good luck on finding a rental and it's great you are able to take a last minute trip! We'll be on island in 23 days!
psufan

Post by psufan »

We used Amalie last June. We had a wonderful experience. I know they are now under new management so hopefully someone else can comment on service since they changed hands.
mindehankins

Post by mindehankins »

We use Amalie, and LOVE them! Spectacular service, very nice people, and brand new vehicles. They are a bit more expensive, but my trust in this company is worth the price.
Congratulations on your upcoming trip!!!
Agent99

Post by Agent99 »

Thank you so much guys! Just exactly the personal experience I was looking for!
Bigcheeze

Post by Bigcheeze »

We Have used Dependable, Discount, Budget and Thrifty...all did a fine job. Usually came down to who had the 'Cadillac of Minivans' for our group of 6...:)
RickG

Post by RickG »

We've used Budget, Dependable and Amalie. Prefer Amalie for headed to STJ. I get a cheap compact car from Budget for STT.

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI
Agent99

Post by Agent99 »

Thank you all! I have a call in to Amalie. Hoping they have availability! So grateful and relieved to have a ticker!
Agent99

Post by Agent99 »

Done! Reserved with Amalie since they had availability. Margaurite was very nice. I cannot believe this trip came together seamlessly in 24 hours. Must be meant to be! Woohoo!
Joppa

Post by Joppa »

I spoke to the people at Amalie yesterday. They are having some problems with their e-mail. If you are waiting to hear from them and haven't go ahead and give them a call. They were very nice and thanked me for calling as from their end it looked like everything went out as expected.