Anyone Rented from Delbert Hill Lately?

Travel discussion for St. John
chicagoans

Anyone Rented from Delbert Hill Lately?

Post by chicagoans »

For my upcoming trip I'm booked with Courtesy Cars (they've always been great) but when my sister called they were sold out. She is renting through Delbert Hill (I've read good things about them too.)

Their website seems to be down or gone - has anyone rented through Delbert Hill recently? (I want to verify that they're still fine.)

Also, what is their exact location? I couldn't find them on any of the Cruz Bay maps I found. (I'll be swinging by to lead my sister, a STJ newbie, through town and across the rock to our place in Coral Bay.) Are they on King Street near Lime Inn and Fish Trap?

It will be kind of interesting to go from Courtesy to Delbert Hill then back to Starfish Market, then on to Centerline... Sometimes in the past I've thought I know my way around, but then miss a turn and end up somewhere else. (All good though, since I'm on STJ!) I wish I could drive with her, mostly to see her reaction as she sees STJ for the first time, but it's just me and 2 teenagers in my car - not letting them drive!
waterguy

Re: Anyone Rented from Delbert Hill Lately?

Post by waterguy »

If you need me to I'll come along and drive the teenagers so you can ride with your sister.
Tom
chicagoans

Post by chicagoans »

Sounds like a deal, Waterguy!

Can anyone verify their location on King St?
msgcolleen

Post by msgcolleen »

Hi Chicagoans!
We rented from Delbert Hill in Nov. and they seemed the most laid back out of all rental companies we used so far. They gave us the keys without even looking over the jeep with us first. There were some dents and scratches and the tires had good tread so I took pictures of the car before we left just so they don't come back and say we scratched it. (like Paris) Anyway, when we returned the car they took the keys and said have a nice trip home. Easy!
They are super close in town. Take a right on King street and they are on the right before the boutique hotel.
Keep left and you'll do just fine! Love that roundabout! Have fun with your sis & teens!
Cheers~ Colleen :D :wink:
I've got 2 tickets to paradise~Pack your bags we'll leave tonight!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
chicagoans

Post by chicagoans »

Thank you Colleen!
metalmaho

Post by metalmaho »

Right across the street from the Lime Inn.
Barb Y

Post by Barb Y »

Hey there! I hope you have an amazing time with your sister and family. I have shared STJ with my family and have such fond memories. Just a thought and I may be wrong but I believe King is a one way so you will need to may left at Catholic church and come around. Have a blast!
papabou

Post by papabou »

barb,

king street is 1 way for cars and jeeps heading toward prince st. however if you are walking from ferry, you can turn right and walk against traffic. just be careful.

papabou

sorry barb, I'm in a mischievous mood this afternoon, I'm about a trip low on stj.