Virgin Fire

Travel discussion for St. John
DonnaM

Virgin Fire

Post by DonnaM »

Does anyone know when it is going to open? Also, does anyone have a contact number?
Thanks!
News of St. John

Re: Virgin Fire

Post by News of St. John »

It looks like they will have a soft opening next Monday.
Jenn, News of St. John
lprof

Post by lprof »

Website, including contacts and menu... http://virginfirevi.com/

My husband said that this was confusing, so I'll drop it down a bit.
I asked for and received the link to the Virgin Fire Radio Station (on Pandora) a few days ago; I like it!
I think this restaurant is going to be a bright spark! And I am looking forward to trying it soon!

http://virginfirevi.com/virgin-fire-radio.html
Last edited by lprof on Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
... no longer a stranger to paradise
quetsch

Post by quetsch »

Where is restaurant located? The menu looks interesting-will give it a try in November.
lprof

Post by lprof »

quetsch wrote:Where is restaurant located?
Upper level of Mongoose Junction
... no longer a stranger to paradise
wontongirl

Post by wontongirl »

Virgin Fire is located on the upper level in Mongoose Junction near the Sun Dog Cafe. It will be open daily from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m. You can contact them by calling (340) 777-FIRE or by visiting their website at http://www.virginfirevi.com
DonnaM

Post by DonnaM »

Thanks! Looking forward to trying it in 3 weeks!
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

Looks good.

And the next trip was going to be the trip where we stayed in more to cooking at night....somehow, I don't see that happening with the new Zozo's, the old Zozo's and now this to try!
Ed S

Post by Ed S »

Article below. Link also has menu preview (couldn't figure out how to copy it here).
http://newsofstjohn.com/

Virgin Fire Slated to Open Next Week; Menu Items Released
October 23, 2013 • 2 Comments

Virgin Fire, the new restaurant created by Michael and Barbie Barry of the Sun Dog Cafe, is looking to open its doors next Monday if all goes as planned.

“We’re in Labor!” the Barrys exclaimed in a message posted to Sun Dog Cafe’s Facebook page Tuesday night. “Really, we are bustin’ butt to open Virgin Fire (formerly La Plancha, Paradiso). If the furniture clears customs, it’s a Monday ‘preview’ opening. Preview means some of the stuff isn’t here yet, but the menu is!”

And from what we’ve seen, the menu looks great. It includes a variety of dishes and flavors at a reasonable price. The following list is going into Virgin Fire’s test kitchen; however not all items will make the final menu. (Please click the image to enlarge it.)

In addition to what looks to be a great menu, Virgin Fire is also offering some great amenities to its guests. For starters, it plans to offer call ahead seating which is very convenient. Parties can call the restaurant any day after 4 p.m. and place their name on the waiting list. This can significantly reduce or eliminate wait times. Virgin Fire also plans to take reservations for parties of five or more.

Another great feature Virgin Fire will offer is a “Frequent Fire VIP” card. (This feature, however, is for residents of the US Virgin Islands only.) Frequent Fire VIPs will receive one point per dollar spent, and will receive gift certificates when certain limits are reached. For example, if the VIP spends $300, he/she will receive a $20 gift card.

Virgin Fire is located on the upper level in Mongoose Junction near the Sun Dog Cafe. It will be open daily from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m. You can contact them by calling (340) 777-FIRE or by visiting their website at www.virginfirevi.com
Image[/url]
lazylane

Post by lazylane »

Can't wait to try it!! Sun Dog Café is my favorite restaurant on island, so hoping I will love this one too!! I am always amazed at what come out of Sun Dog Cafe's tiny kitchen, so this will be amazing I'm sure!!
EagleRayLover

Post by EagleRayLover »

It had a soft opening two days ago and I heard it was great!!
Leslie, Kids Night In Babysitting
inuny

Post by inuny »

We'll be eating there tonight -will report back tomorrow.
Barb Y

Post by Barb Y »

Enjoy!
Kevino

Post by Kevino »

We went to Virgin Fire last night, 3 of us, 7:00 no reservation. It was awesome! It got very busy after we sat down. We ordered 2 small plate meals and 1 full entre. Appetizer to start and we had wine, beer and soda. With tip, $120.00. Great service and we will return at least one more time before we leave on the 16th. Highly recommend.