Camera Equipment

Travel discussion for St. John
BOATSRUS

Camera Equipment

Post by BOATSRUS »

I am looking to add a new lens to my D3200... I'm toying with the idea of running over to STT for a couple of hours while I wait for the rest of the posse to arrive. Has anyone done this and noticed a notable difference in pricing other than the lack of sales tax?..I've sent an email to Boulchands (SIC) but haven't heard anything yet.... I have shopped around and know what the basic costs are for what I'm looking at.. Just wondering if it might be worth waiting for.... Thanks Ya'll !!
I'd rather be in the boat with a drink on the rocks than in the drink with a boat on the rocks
vav

Re: Camera Equipment

Post by vav »

I would go to Nikon.com and get one of there refurbished lens. I bought a 24-300 saved about $275 and it's just like a new lens. Comes with warrenty.
Sawed that board three times and it is still too short...
jimg20

Post by jimg20 »

We've bought camera equipment from Boolchands over the years. We've saved money. We paid $750 for a package that would have cost us $1,250 at home. Several suggestions. Let them know you are staying on the island. They are less likely to negotiate if they think or know that you have to get on a ship at the end of the day. Head for the door and tell them you come back later in the week. That normally brings out the bargans. Royal Caribbean is generally less willing to negotiate. Start there. Then go down the street to Boolchands and see what they have. I generally tell them that I had a better deal at Royal if I did. They'll try to come under that offer. Save all the paperwork. US Customs will want to challenge what you paid when you declare the purchase. Neither has ever wanted to give me any info on the phone or in an email. Sometimes they'll confirm they have it now, but say that it may not be there when you arrive.

Good luck

JIM
Man it's like some dream we live down here....

theshopper3

Post by theshopper3 »

Hey Sunshine,
You not be taken no funny pictures.... EH.... :lol:

See ya soon.
The Shopper
BOATSRUS

Post by BOATSRUS »

Thanks fellas for the great responses... I checked out the Nikon.com site and they are out of stock of the lens I am looking at... Interestingly enough, I got an email this afternoon from some dude at Boolchands and he said they have a 55/300 in stock and the price is $250...which is a considerable savings... so I printed it out and will keep it in my back pocket when negotiating... I'm hoping a couple of Benjamin's will also add to the negotiation process.. so we'll see...I'll report back... In any case, looks like a bit of retail therapy is in order.. (like I need an excuse) :roll:

Shopper Gurl...no funny biz pix I promise :twisted: see ya'll soon!
I'd rather be in the boat with a drink on the rocks than in the drink with a boat on the rocks
ronbo3107

Post by ronbo3107 »

I bought the same lens last march for the same price. They had plenty of them at that time, and I'd bet they do now. But I didn't complain about the 250.