Airport transfer

Travel discussion for St. John
jdjcmaso

Airport transfer

Post by jdjcmaso »

Hi,
It's been several years since we've been to STJ, but the countdown is on! 6 weeks from tomorrow!
I usually stay at the Westin and use their ferry service, but not this year.
SO, I guess the plan should be to take a cab or bus to the ferry dock in town. What times do the boats leave Charlotte Amalie between 3-5pm?
Thanks!!
Joe
Kevino

Re: Airport transfer

Post by Kevino »

CA ferry to St John your time-period is 5:30 PM. Schedule is NOT dependable. I would take the taxi outside the airport terminal and go to Red Hook for ferry. That schedule to Cruz Bay is every hour on the hour till midnight. Good luck,
Marcia (Mrs. Pete)

Post by Marcia (Mrs. Pete) »

Hey "Westin Joe", good to see you here again.

Where are you staying this time around? I second the idea of taking a taxi to the Red Hook ferry, more reliable. Others here on the forum have personal favorites for private taxi drivers. You may want to consider that.

Have fun!!
Marcia (Mrs. Pete)

Missing St. John. As always.
jdjcmaso

Post by jdjcmaso »

Hi Marcia,
Also good to hear from you again. We are staying at Gallows Point this time, as the Westin pool will be closed for renovations(not acceptable!)
If there is a particular cab driver I should seek out, please give details.
We are so looking forward to this trip.
My best to Pete.
Joe
Marcia (Mrs. Pete)

Post by Marcia (Mrs. Pete) »

Forum folks as well as dear friends of ours rave about Rachael. I do not have her contact information and we've never used her. (I'm sure if you search, you'll find her info on this forum.)

When we travel with all of us (all four kids), we use Dohm's water taxi which is affiliated with Christopher's taxi service. THIS ROCKS!!!

http://virginislandswatertaxi.com/story.html
Marcia (Mrs. Pete)

Missing St. John. As always.
bchbum82

Post by bchbum82 »

We usually use Rachel for our arrival taxi to RH. Very friendly lady full of knowledge of the Island. I believe its $50 for my wife and I plus whatever you want to tip her. I highly recommend her. Some will say to call pretty far in advance, but I usually call the week prior to arrival with no problems. Rachel Brown: 340-771-2986