Cruz Views

Travel discussion for St. John
silverheels

Cruz Views

Post by silverheels »

Not too long ago someone posted regarding their favorite unit at Cruz Views. Could it have possibly been Bliss? Would appreciate any suggestions on Cruz Views. Are there any units with King beds? Looked at one on another site but it did not list wifi which we definitely want. Thanks for any info you might have.
drd434

Re: Cruz Views

Post by drd434 »

Silverheels,

We stayed in Bliss Cruz Views #1 in August for 11-nights. There are two twin beds that were pushed together creating a king size bed. This was in the loft of the unit...and access was via a spiral stair case.

We really enjoyed the unit...everything was new...and the only thing we needed that wasn't in the unit was a broom!

If you have any questions...feel free to message me.

DRD
drd434

Post by drd434 »

Bliss also had WIFI in the unit...with a fairly fast internet speed!

DRD
cocosmom

Post by cocosmom »

Here are a few comments I have saved. People can jump in if things have changed.
The units vary in how well maintained and clean they are based on the current owner and how much money they have invested back into the units to keep them fresh. In general 4, 7 and 10 are the most popular.
Our favorite by far used to be #1 but the owner just never did anything to keep it up so then we started booking #4 or #3 instead. If it was a last-minute trip--especially during high season (when we couldn't stand the cold & snow anymore!), we would take whatever was available so stayed one time each in #2, #7, #10 each.
Would never stay in #2 again (unless it got a new owner as #1 recently did). It’s br a/c made a LOT of noise but really didn’t work at all, it was dark, had cheap, old furniture, dishes, towels etc—what little it had, and owner’s idea of an entertainment system was a cassette-playing boom box! Never again, I don’t care how cheap it was.

#7 & #10 have both been nicely updated and both have central air BUT they are below the pool so don’t have as nice views plus you are constantly trudging up and down the stairs to get to the pool and out to the parking lot which makes carrying beach items and groceries a real pain. Plus 7 is a 1 BR and 10 has a captains ladder which has become very difficult for me to climb up and down on as I’ve gotten a bit older plus is a major concern for my young grandkids. Wouldn’t stay in these again unless I really had to.

#3 & 4 are both 2 br’s. Both have stairs going directly down to the pool and have decks/balconies that overlook the pool. #3 has a very nice very large shower in a recently updated bathroom. They have stocked nice china, linens, etc. Very nice views (sea & sunset). Have a fan on the deck which is nice. But they only have a/c in the br’s which can make the kitchen/living area uncomfortable (especially from June through November). Plus they have the dreaded captain’s ladder to the 2nd floor BR.

#4 is not as nicely updated or provisioned as #3 but has a very nice large wrap-around deck. Again, a/c is only in the br’s. Again, very nice if you have kids and want to watch them swim in pool from the comfort of your deck with easy access to drinks & food. Again, the dreaded captains ladder climb to 2nd floor br. But also again very nice views.

#1 now has a brand new owner (last year) who totally remodelled the whole unit. It now has central air, dishwasher, its own grill on its private patio (largest—both inside and outside--of the 10 CV units), really an amazing redo. What’s extra nice about this unit is that it has a spiral staircase to the 2nd floor BR (which has million dollar views). EVERYTHING inside is new plus it doesn’t share any adjoining walls with any other unit so it’s like a ‘stand-alone’ villa. It has it’s own parking spot steps away from the door to the private courtyard and you can pull the car right up to the door to load for the beach or carry groceries/luggage in. We have stayed there once since the redo and immediately booked again for our next trip (even before we left St. John!).

#1 is more expensive than the other units but really—IMHO—well worth it.