What's up with rental cars to non Americans?

Travel discussion for St. John
Maggy

Re: What's up with rental cars to non Americans?

Post by Maggy »

Yes, we always have to pay the extra insurance and I'm fine with that. But this international permit is just a way to collect more money from certain visitors. That's what I have an opinion about.
AquaGirl

Post by AquaGirl »

Hi Maggy
Sorry to hear about this, since you have to bring more money for your vacation. I am not too surprised. We've had to buy a temporary drivers license on several islands, including St Kitts and Nevis.
Happy trip planning!
Jeri
Captain John

Post by Captain John »

Hi Maggy,
Your right, the visitors get whacked the hardest when a Government needs extra revenue. Beginning on August 1st the BVI Govt. raised the fee on foreign visitors by $10.00 per person if you travel by sea.. They had to get bigger deposit bags.
Captain John

"I live the life I love and I love the life I live"
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

I remember paying a fee in Anguilla, I think it was $20 for the license.
madelon

Post by madelon »

St. John Car Rental, Inc. has vehicle licenses for foreigners at their office (please let the office know you need one in advance so they don't run out) at a charge of $25.00. You can get one from 8am-5pm 7 days a week when you arrive on St. John. Call (340) 776-6103 or check our website at www.stjohncarrental.com for any other information you need.
EagleRayLover

Post by EagleRayLover »

Maggie/ my long term rental when I moved down was from Zip through Lisa. Just be sure to tell her you need four wheel drive otherwise you may get a car like Bessie the Beater that I wrote about in our blog. Lisa was terrific !!
Leslie, Kids Night In Babysitting