Nice Restaurants and Children

Travel discussion for St. John
lbrlwyr

Nice Restaurants and Children

Post by lbrlwyr »

So we are bringing out 9 year old twins with us next week to STJ and want to find at least 1 night to go out for a "nice" restaurant -- e.g. Zozo's, Waterfront Bistro, etc. While I am not at all concerned from a behavior perspective, our kids admittedly don't have very sophisticated palates and potentially could have some difficulty finding something off the regular menu they would eat. Is anyone aware of any nice restaurants in STJ that have kids menus' or other types of scaled-down options for young ones?? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Eric
liamsaunt

Re: Nice Restaurants and Children

Post by liamsaunt »

Zozos is closed right now, not scheduled to reopen until November 1st--in their new location at Caneel Bay.

They would probably be fine at Waterfront Bistro. There's a burger on the lunch menu that they might make for you at dinner. There's also a fairly plain steak on the dinner menu--just ask for the sauce on the side. Waterfront Bistro is one of my niece and nephew's favorites.

Asolare will order takeout pizza for children. I think it comes from Ronnie's.

La Tapa will make off-menu items for kids, like pasta with butter.

Hope that helps a bit.
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

We never had any push back when it came to simple requests such as scaled down portions or light on the sauce/spices.

La Tapa and Ocean Grill were particularly accommodating. I think the Waterfront Bistro and the Terrace have the most "mainland" menus and you can probably find safe bets on both.
EagleRayLover

Post by EagleRayLover »

Eric- would you consider a night out sans kiddos? I have several references on this forum who would tell you Kids Night In babysitting is a great option for that nice dining experience! PM me if you want/ need more info!
Leslie, Kids Night In Babysitting
lbrlwyr

Post by lbrlwyr »

Thank you for the great advice -- this is VERY helpful!!

Eric
Jumbiegirl

Post by Jumbiegirl »

I highly recommend Aqua Bistro for kids - and adults! It's casual but the food is first rate and you got a lot of food!
Trip #14 comes June 11, 2015!!