Best sunrise spot?

Travel discussion for St. John
sku01pt

Best sunrise spot?

Post by sku01pt »

How can you not be on an island and not watch a sunrise? So where's the best spot?
Kevino

Re: Best sunrise spot?

Post by Kevino »

Top of page click on members and then tourist trap cheryl. Best sunrise pics from Coral Bay. Enjoy.
mnfun2bme

Post by mnfun2bme »

Ditto what Kevino says. Plus, she shares them with us! :)
Thanks, Cheryl! :wink:
sherban

Post by sherban »

I'm pretty sure that most of the villas that overlook the BVIs will have great sunrise views from their balconies...we did at Cinnamon Tarn in Catharineberg... nice view to take in with a cup of joe...
mlr214

Post by mlr214 »

I love watching the sunrise, one of my favorite parts of the day on St.John. We've stayed in Coral bay twice and love the views of sunrise. In April/May you have to be up by 5:30ish to see it all but its so worth it, you almost feel like you're the only one up on the island aside from the roosters and donkeys.
sherban

Post by sherban »

I don't have any sunrise photos from Cinnamon tarn but here's two looking towards BVIs from STT that I took back in 2010:

hotrns

Post by hotrns »

We stayed at the Dome House in early April. Not being a "sunrise" person, I was annoyed every morning by that beautiful event :D .
scotties

Post by scotties »

We will be on St. John in less than 3 weeks. Yahoo!!!! Our time is almost here!!! Being geographically "challenged" I'm just wondering if you can see the sunrise from Bordeaux mountain?
James S

Post by James S »

Best sunrise is from where you're staying. :D Here's a short time lapse video I made of a sunrise from Coconut Hill Cottage a couple of weeks ago.
http://youtu.be/XJCv1SFv_pY
cptnkirk

Post by cptnkirk »

Don't know if its the best but gotta be up there in the running. Any place on Calabash Boom in Coral Bay should have awesome sunrises. I will post a pic of it as proof if i can figure out how to post pics lol
sku01pt

Post by sku01pt »

Thanks everyone..I'm staying on the west side of the island so I guess I'm getting up early for sure....but I should be able to get some awesome sun sets...