Showing that you are a forumite

Travel discussion for St. John
Capn Dan and Ruby

Re: Showing that you are a forumite

Post by Capn Dan and Ruby »

Lindy wrote:I vote for the little beanies with the propeller on top!
You are just too funny Lindy!!!
Capn Dan and Ruby

EagleRayLover wrote:Steve would always wear his but we usually wounds make play dates before hand and meet by the tree if possible. When we knew there was a big group, we would often bring $1.00 store glow bracelets for everyone an easy and fun way to know to approach someone!
Kevin thanks for asking - i am pretty good! Went to STT, got my IRB taken care of for my PT license and for my flyer done for the island guest babysitting service and several villa management companies want them!! GOT A CAR today as well! I negotiated it and everything !! Bessie will be leaving soon!!! Thanks for asking. Hope to see you soon - had a wonderful time with you guys!!! Xoxo
I would do that! How did he distribute them? If Ruth would distribute, I would love to make a donation to the shelter... do that any way! People could stop buy pick them up ( along with their grill rub etc. :D ) and we could have them for June!

Cool deal on the car! You go girl! Did you get it on STT? What kind? ... million questions, I know! :lol:
Florida Girl

Post by Florida Girl »

This was a few years ago, but I was definitely recognized as a Forumite! :lol:

http://www.pbase.com/thegripps/image/80120710
needmesomesun

Post by needmesomesun »

Cute! Apparently members here who remember these are oldshcool, lol.
"The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea."
~ Karen von Blixen
EagleRayLover

Post by EagleRayLover »

The way we distributed them was we put them out on our table and posted something on the board. People knew to come to the table- they got their glow band and an intro! We didn't charge anything at the time but I could talk to Ruth about it. Usually at my $1 store at home, you can get a pack of 2-3 - if they were too small for some guys wrists people become imaginative - thrust belt loops, button holes, tied onto bathing suits, stuck in hat. They glow so people look at them no matter if on a wrist or somewhere else!

I got the Jeep Wrangler 2 dr hardtop 5000 miles from someone who lives part time on St John but it was being babysat in STT ( so his rental villa parking spaces
Wouldn't be taken up by his cars!
Leslie, Kids Night In Babysitting
lorijo068

Post by lorijo068 »

LOVE the bracelet idea!!
Capn Dan and Ruby

EagleRayLover wrote:The way we distributed them was we put them out on our table and posted something on the board. People knew to come to the table- they got their glow band and an intro! We didn't charge anything at the time but I could talk to Ruth about it. Usually at my $1 store at home, you can get a pack of 2-3 - if they were too small for some guys wrists people become imaginative - thrust belt loops, button holes, tied onto bathing suits, stuck in hat. They glow so people look at them no matter if on a wrist or somewhere else!

I got the Jeep Wrangler 2 dr hardtop 5000 miles from someone who lives part time on St John but it was being babysat in STT ( so his rental villa parking spaces
Wouldn't be taken up by his cars!
Cool! I can do that! :D Sweet on the car! It will be nice to know that you can go most any where on the island now! :D :wink:
StJohnRon

Post by StJohnRon »

We would be happy to help with this.curly is all about helping his pals at the shelter .let me see what I can come up with and get back to you.
-Ron- St. John spice
mindehankins

Post by mindehankins »

That's great news, Ron!
EagleRayLover

Post by EagleRayLover »

Ron - if you need a stateside address to ship them to, ours is available NAND I'm going back for a long weekend beginning of June. We have ordered bracelets like this several times sonic you need help, call me!
Leslie, Kids Night In Babysitting
michigancouple

Post by michigancouple »

Cool... thanks Ron and Ruth and Curly!!
chicagoans

Post by chicagoans »

I tried floating the VIOL logo wristband idea a couple of years ago and I still think it would work. I have the shirt and the beach bag, but I would like something I can wear during 8 Tuff (tee shirt too heavy), on the beach, or out to dinner.

I would wear a wristband (or a few!) all the time if it would help me meet forumites. I know I missed a bunch of forumites at 8 Tuff this year and last year. My flights are booked for next year and I'd gladly sport a wristband!

Also, I'd gladly pay extra if part of it was a donation to the ACC. Ruth are you up for selling them?

Oh, I'm more than happy to use a secret password but I'm too out of breath during the race. :)
Myheart'sinSTJ

Post by Myheart'sinSTJ »

StJohnRon wrote:We would be happy to help with this.curly is all about helping his pals at the shelter .let me see what I can come up with and get back to you.
-Ron- St. John spice
Thank you Ron for helping with this, if there is anything I can do to help stateside let me know (send me a PM). We won't be down until August but I'm hoping to meet some forumites because I'm wearing a cool bracelet!!
ColumbiaSCTraveler

Post by ColumbiaSCTraveler »

Oooooh, Oooooooh! Count me in, too!
KTinTX

Post by KTinTX »

Count us IN! My wife and I will be there June 17-24 and will gladly wear a bracelet and make an ACC donation! Can't wait to see a bunch of you
KT