Travel discussion for St. John
ColumbiaSCTraveler

Re: 99 and Company 2013

Post by ColumbiaSCTraveler »

SOLD!!!!
Agent99

Post by Agent99 »

Nice quiet day Wednesday. Quinn arrived safe and sound back in Boston just in time to celebrate his girl Maddie's birthday. Happy, happy birthday Maddie!

The weather was fickle so we decided to hang around Gallows and Cruz Bay. DId a little snorkling, reading, hanging at the pool, Mongoose shop browsing in no particular order. We have always enjoyed the Ocean Grill so stopped in for an early lunch. Mahi was the fresh catch- right off the boat. Both Pete and I had the Mahi Tostada at our excellent waiter Gregg's suggestion and Luke the Tuna Melt. Both excellent, the Mahi Tostada probably the best dish we've had so far. We'll definitely go back.

Just relaxed the rest of the day which ended with a beautiful sunset. After a while we decided on a twofer- out for lunch and again for dinner. We gave La Plancha a try for the first time. It's now located where Paradiso was in Mongoose Junction. It was very good- Pete and I split the steak and a ceasar salad and Luke the mahi steak which he also said was delicious. Not sure about today- maybe Vie's for some snorkling and to see if that beautiful Queen Helmut is still there. We seem to find one every year and like to think it is the same one.

Myheart'sinSTJ

Post by Myheart'sinSTJ »

beautiful pics, fickle weather there is better than here! Enjoy your time :D
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

I love that last picture!
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
piscesgirl0314

Post by piscesgirl0314 »

I'm really enjoying your reports. I have to say, I totally agree with you about Bougainvillea. We've been coming to St John since 2003 and have always used them. :)
CBama

Post by CBama »

Enjoying report. Seashore allure is out of our price range anyway!! We came in on car barge but I don't remember seeing it.
Agent99

Post by Agent99 »

Thanks folks. My cell rang this morning at 6 am, which is always a jolt. Q's college saying that the campus was on lockdown again due to new terrorism developments. I know I am not the only one concerned about loved ones right now. Not much fodder for a light hearted trip report so I'll just post some pictures of yesterday. Out to the east end, Vies beach and her delicious garlic chicken, North Shore Road back and another pretty sunset.

shoemak38

Post by shoemak38 »

looks like they found the 2nd guy hiding in a boat, your trip back will be okay, today has been a different day in the Boston area
mindehankins

Post by mindehankins »

I'm sorry these guys took up a moment of your vacation! SURE enjoying all of your pics and your very fun reporting style. A baby octopus - "well if that don't beat all!!!"
philbetm

Post by philbetm »

:) Ease your mind....good has prevailed...enjoy the rest of your trip .

God Bless....Sherry :D
" I believe there's Magic here...."
EagleRayLover

Post by EagleRayLover »

Liking your report a lot! Particularly love the baby octo as we saw a baby squid once about the same size who thought he was tough guy of the waters!
Leslie, Kids Night In Babysitting
mnfun2bme

Post by mnfun2bme »

Thanks for sharing your trip. The beautiful blue colors in your pictures give such contrast to the 10" of white crap that feel Thursday/Friday. The sun is out today. I'm hoping to play a little game of "just how much can we MELT today?"

Mnbhoy.... certainly you must be in on this one!
Muhaha

Post by Muhaha »

Ok, while the baby octopus was cute, I gotta say it...he looks just like the part of a serving of calamari that has little tentacles. You know you were all thinking it, admit it!

Seriously, great pics here. Thanks for sharing.
ColumbiaSCTraveler

Post by ColumbiaSCTraveler »

Vie's is a must-visit this trip, too! She is always closed when we visit in August. Fingers crossed she'll be open this year!!! If not, we'll pay our fare and try out her beach!
Kentuckygirl

Post by Kentuckygirl »

I'm just catching up and I am LOVING your reports!!!!! I'm more of a Coral Bay girl, but I've really wanted to stay at Gallows for part of a trip...now so even more so! Thanks for all the great pics!
Image[/url]