Best place for lunch on or around Jost Van Dyke?

Travel discussion for St. John
MadCityMom

Best place for lunch on or around Jost Van Dyke?

Post by MadCityMom »

Traveling with newbies in a couple weeks, and will definitely hit Soggy, but looking for a great lunch bar places. We've been to Foxys and not too impressed but that was early a.m. Had lunch at Sydneys and that was good. Whats the best and why for lunch on day trip? P.S. we have two kids 5 and 3 and a couple 40s with us but think Soggy type atmosphere is fine for our kids. Thanks!
C&S Island Time

Re: Best place for lunch on or around Jost Van Dyke?

Post by C&S Island Time »

We went to Foxy's Taboo last time and it was really good ! ! !
Ed S

Post by Ed S »

Have enjoyed chicken roti's at Foxy's in the past few years, but this past December, we tried Gertrude's on White Bay, and her chicken roti was outstanding. I highly recommend it. And, when I ordered a painkiller, she handed my the bottle of rum, bottle of mix and a nutmeg grinder and told me to make my own. Needless to say it was great!
Image[/url]
vacagirl

Post by vacagirl »

If you are just looking for a quick meal, I personally like Ivan's. His daughter cooked up some awesome hamburgers for me and my gang. Ivan will sit down and talk to you while you are eating.
My Heart is in St. John!
MadCityMom

Post by MadCityMom »

Thanks for the suggestions! We never made it down the beach past Soggy! Gertrude's sounds like a hoot. Any opinions on One Love? The lobster quesadilla sounds delicious. Definitely want to at least stop at Ivan's too. :D
54b

Post by 54b »

Sounds like you want to try something new and lots of good suggestions above, but I'll also cast a vote for the food at Soggy's...had breakfast and lunch there both were great...really enjoyed Soggy's chicken roti...then again, give me enough rum, surf and sun and I'll eat just about anything.
It’s not about yesterday or tomorrow...It’s about today, for come what may – Sun, rain, or hurricane – we've only time for a smile, and none for sorrow
stjchica

Post by stjchica »

I agree...Why not just eat at Soggy?
We had the fish and chips there last visit and they were really great. Can't beat the atmosphere either~
Mic...love that guy... :)
~Pam~
"Barefoot in the snow white sand
A bag of sea shells in her hand
She finally found a paradise it seems..."
MadCityMom

Post by MadCityMom »

I'm not at all adverse to eating at Soggy. I just feel that on my last (and only) trip to White Bay I didn't even make it 10 feet down the beach and was at Soggy the entire time. Dont get me wrong, no complaints about that! Mick is great and the food we did have there was very good! Wanting to consider trying something new if it's a "can't miss". I'm sure after a painkiller, I'll be like "yeah, whatever, anything is fine with me". :lol:
Pia

Post by Pia »

Lobster quesadilla at One Love is my favorite :)

Pia
Realtor - St John Properties
ruffmom

Post by ruffmom »

The lobster quesadilla at One Love is not only delicious but it is also huge. I could only eat half...we did have some scrumptious wings to start so I wasn't hungry enough for the large serving. I loved the atmosphere there too. Service was relaxed but competent. We had lunch there after being severely dissed at Pirate's.
I think the bartender was having a really, really bad day or was just naturally surly. They did a great job of fixing that place up but not enough help to service the enormous crowd there.
Boat days are my favorite!
MadCityMom

Post by MadCityMom »

Man I want that lobster quesadilla! Making me so hungry right now! Two weeks and I hope to have it! I'll report back on our adventures on JVD!!! :D thanks everyone!
CHM

Post by CHM »

Foxy's Taboo gets our vote. First of all it is an amazing view. Second the food is great, larger menu and the older kids have a place to explore a little while the parents can still keep an eye on them.
Jan&MikeVa

Post by Jan&MikeVa »

We loved Gertrude's! Lunch at Soggy Dollar is good too, love their chicken roti. You've got the right idea to explore a bit, plus the other places are a lot less crowded :)
Happy Planning :)
Jan&MikeVa

Post by Jan&MikeVa »

We loved Gertrude's! Lunch at Soggy Dollar is good too, love their chicken roti. You've got the right idea to explore a bit, plus the other places are a lot less crowded :)
Happy Planning :)
carron

Post by carron »

Lobster quesadilla!!!!!!