House Hunters International STJ???

Travel discussion for St. John
bdkane

House Hunters International STJ???

Post by bdkane »

As I sit here this evening ,watching the clock, like a child waiting for Santa at Christmas, awaiting the NEW - St John episode of House Hunters International, I think to myself.... Do I have a problem? DAMN YOU ST JOHN! :shock:

Maybe, it is time to seek professional help...
Caw954s

Re: House Hunters International STJ???

Post by Caw954s »

I'm sitting here doing the same thing AND writing to the forum about it...haha bdkane, we have a problem! :lol:
Nancie-Pa

Post by Nancie-Pa »

I called some friends, who have never been to STJ, and told them about it! I thought that if they saw how beautiful the island is, they would understand my obsession a little better and not give me one of these :roll: everytime I bring up the topic of St.John!
Friends, they go away then they re-appear...I believe there is Magic here.
Bigcheeze

Post by Bigcheeze »

Nice show and Ruth got some camera time with St John Spice too...whoo hoo
EagleRayLover

Post by EagleRayLover »

Ok you don't need a twelve step unless you watched it two times in a row like someone I know! :wink:
Leslie, Kids Night In Babysitting
iowaguy

Post by iowaguy »

I thought it was a great show, too. Nice couple. They did a great job with the pool addition to Chez Shell.

One thing that I thought was a little unrealistic was the idea that they could have a "caretakers suite" in the waterfront villa on Great Cruz Bay directly outside the pool. Who would rent the villa if the owners/caretakers were staying in the main part of the house? The villa they bought had a much better arrangement, with the caretaker's suite on a separate level.
---Jim
SuefromMA

Post by SuefromMA »

I was bad..... I kept wanting them to stop showing the couple and the houses and instead just focus on the beaches, the water and the fish!!!

Sue
jaybfloyd

Post by jaybfloyd »

Yeah, I believe that the owners live on the property. Personally, I would never rent a place if the owners were there. Just doesn't feel private no matter the size of the property.
Teresa_Rae

Post by Teresa_Rae »

I'm confused about the living situation there...they said it was a 2 bedroom, and it is advertised as a 2 bedroom rental...so where are the owners living?

Here's the rental listing...it's quite pricey for what it is...one bedroom in the off season is $2800...there are a lot of nicer villas out there that rent for quite a bit less than that:
http://www.caribbeanpalmproperties.com/ ... hez-shell/

The pool looks like a great addition to the property.
Let us live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.
- Mark Twain
atomant

Post by atomant »

A question. They were shown taking a conch shell from the water. I thought that removing anything from the park was illegal. Aren't many of the beaches considered part of the VI National Park?
Just wondering.
MN_Bhoy

Post by MN_Bhoy »

A couple of good Woody's shots and one of St John Spice. Gettin' the itch...!!! 8)
MN_Bhoy
Take me to 18N 64W!
DonnaM

Post by DonnaM »

It was a 3 bedroom house and they are living in the lower level bedroom. I looked up a couple of rental websites and 1 mentioned a 24/7 concierge on site but never mentioned owners living there. I hope they disclose that to renters. I wouldn't rent a place with anyone else living on site. Not that we have anything to hide or that we do anything wrong, I just want some privacy and to be able to walk around in my pajamas!
It does look nice and the pool is pretty. I remembered it from the earlier HHI.
Teresa_Rae

Post by Teresa_Rae »

Yes, if they had removed a conch shell from the water and took it with them, that would be illegal. Did they just pick it up and put it back though?

I could have sworn the real estate agent said that Chez Shell was only 2 bedrooms...did they renovate another area to make it suitable for the two of them to live?
Let us live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.
- Mark Twain
cocosmom

Post by cocosmom »

On the show they said it was rented 33 weeks out of a year. The website does not say anything about owners on site ..I would not be happy finding that out when I got there even if they were unobtrusive . Also have to agree the price seems high but hey a lot of weeks rented so I can't blame them. Looks like a nice place.
shoosh

Post by shoosh »

I liked the show. Nice to see all the St John sights and get a look in the villas.
Where was the restaurant/bar they were sitting at towards the end?
Didn't recognize it.