Anyone fly out of JFK?

Travel discussion for St. John
News of St. John

Anyone fly out of JFK?

Post by News of St. John »

We're flying out of JFK and haven't done so in years. Any suggestions as to where to park?
Jenn, News of St. John
loria

Re: Anyone fly out of JFK?

Post by loria »

The long term lot at JFK is super convenient-- right on the airtrain line-- we usually park by the howard beach end (the last stop) simply because it usually has spaces close to the station.
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

We just got back from a cruise. We stayed overnight at the Sheraton and parked the car there. Parking was $15/night if you were parking more then 5 nights. When we got back I went on the air train back to the hotel and my husband got the luggage and waited for me to pick him up at the terminal. That is one large airport!
News of St. John

I know, I hate flying out of New York just for that reason - the airport's are huge. And they're no fun to drive to. I much rather fly out of Bradley in Connecticut but JFK has a nonstop morning flight whereas Bradley has a three-hour layover in Puerto Rico.

I looked at the Sheraton and it seemed pretty pricey. I may just have a shuttle drop us off and pick us up. That may be the best route to go.
Jenn, News of St. John
ihochman

Post by ihochman »

We flew to St John in November and parked at Park Plus. It was perfect. Much easier and closer to the terminal then JFK long term parking. This is the info:

Park Plus
Kennedy Airport (JFK) Parking
123-70 South Conduit Avenue (888)354-2660
lazylane

Post by lazylane »

We use The Parking Spot in Columbus and I see they have one at JFK too. Shuttles every 5 minutes and a lot cheaper than airport parking.
http://www.theparkingspot.com/locations ... aspx?ID=59
bdkane

Post by bdkane »

I've used THE PARKING SPOTt (formally Avistar) for years with no problems, very convenient - you just pull in and go, they valet park your car, assist with luggage and take you directly to the terminal, their shuttles run about every 10 minutes. On our last trip- Christmas week I did neglect to make a reservation and they had not space at The Parking Spot so I used a similar place up the road called SMART PARK JFK it was exactly the same and also no problem.
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

Does the Parking Spot pick you up at the terminal on return? I had to take the air train to Federal Circle to get back to Sheraton.
lazylane

Post by lazylane »

Yes, the Parking Spot shuttles are at the airport every 5-10 minutes or so to take you to their lot. If you get valet parking, just call them when you land, they will have your car ready and waiting at their lot and running for you as ours was and it was cold so that was a plus!!!!
Barb Y

Post by Barb Y »

I have used them as Avistar and it was always a smooth transition. Good luck!
susan & herb

Post by susan & herb »

We drive from Jersey to JFK and use one of the Park,sleep & Fly hotels. We have an 8am direct flight to STT and I want to make sure were are at the airport on time.
We drive in the night before, have an early dinner, decompress and the shuttle takes us to the airport the next morning. This was we don't have to worry about traffic, car accidents etc.
We just begin our St John vacation a little earlier.
News of St. John

Is there a park and ride that you prefer?
Jenn, News of St. John
Knolmom

Post by Knolmom »

We use air park when we fly out of JFK.Very convenient, open 24 hours, book with them online and they offer great discounts. Shuttle is very reliable. Just returned from week in St John and parking with tax was $102.00 with online coupon. Will only do stay and fly if we think it will snow the night before. We have a 1 hour drive from Suffern to JFK.