Airfare

Travel discussion for St. John
amy5233

Airfare

Post by amy5233 »

Delta had some amazing fares up last night! Hope some of you can catch them. I was looking at May. $261 round trip from Orlando. I have NEVER seen a fare like that! Good luck!
My heart belongs on St John!
vacagirl

Re: Airfare

Post by vacagirl »

Spirit Air had some awesome prices flying out of Chicago the end of February. 263.38 roundtrip.
My Heart is in St. John!
betsyv

Post by betsyv »

I'm looking for July. Wow! The prices are not great for then...I'm in NE Pa.( Ive been seeing close to 600.00 per person , 1-2 stops).. but would be willing to get to JFK,or EWR if I could get a good price..nonstop would be great too. Not possible for us, unless we go to JFK or the like.

If anyone finds good prices for then please share.. It would be a BIG help to me.
BetsyV

inuny

Post by inuny »

Betsyv,

I'm watching the prices for july too. I see the American nonstops from jfk went up to $700 (they were just over $400 for months). United has nonstops from EWR, but around $660.

I'm watching the flights on yapta.com
silverheels

Post by silverheels »

Booked our flight for Aug. from Hartford to STT via Miami with American last week. Cost of the flight was $371 but we took out the Citi bank card and got $125 off the flight plus free baggage.
Yesterday I booked a flight with USAir again from Hartford thru Philadelphia and it was $400 to STT. This was for a flight in Apr.
Keep trying rates changed on a daily basis.
loverotties

Post by loverotties »

I have been tracking the flights I'm interested in too & Jan. 4th they were 376.00 yesterday they were 658 .00 :shock: ! Have to work out the details till we book but hopefull for price reductions !! We are flying out of PHL or BWI .
Wrinkles Only Go Where The Smiles Have Been !
bill

Post by bill »

Booked my airfare about 4 weeks ago. non-stop JFK American Airlines $381.40 total round trip. going in July!!!!!!
mindehankins

Post by mindehankins »

Starting the watch soon, for April. Hoping we have some miles on our Adventure card to defray some of the costs!
star2515

Post by star2515 »

I started the airfare watch for the end of July, CLT to STT. Direct is 700, 1stop 600 right now so I am hoping that drops in the next few months. Last time we went I think it was about 500 rt so I am hopping to get under that!!
betsyv

Post by betsyv »

inuny wrote:Betsyv,

I'm watching the prices for july too. I see the American nonstops from jfk went up to $700 (they were just over $400 for months). United has nonstops from EWR, but around $660.

I'm watching the flights on yapta.com
We just found this from AA, out of JFK...
We will have to do a road trip to get there the night before, but the fare was half of what we have been finding from SYR, or AVP...so we booked.

Round-Trip Fare: (nonstop)
Travelers
2 × $388

$776
*Taxes & Fees Included
Price and Tax Information
Your Round-Trip Cost:
$776 USD

Baggage and Optional Service Charges.

Dont know how long it will be available... Just wanted to give a heads up!

Good luck my friends!
BetsyV

brenda

Post by brenda »

Now I am thinking I may have jumped the gun for our flights! I paid $534 RT with taxes etc for the end of November out of Detroit (Thanksgiving weekend). I thought that was pretty good and I haven't been watching the fares. Last year we paid $595. Oh well, at least I don't have to worry about fares going through the roof :)
Going "home" again October 26th!
HaveToTravel

Post by HaveToTravel »

Do most of you book your villas first and then watch for airfare deals or do you try to coordinate booking it all at once?
inuny

Post by inuny »

There are plenty of villas. I think it's best to book the airfare first.
betsyv

Post by betsyv »

HaveToTravel wrote:Do most of you book your villas first and then watch for airfare deals or do you try to coordinate booking it all at once?
We booked our villa's first...awhile ago....
Then kept an eye out for good flight prices... It would have been better to find something from our area for that price, but having to drive to JFK night before just make the vaca one night longer...lol
BetsyV

sherban

Post by sherban »

For minimizing costs I think it is best to get the airfare deal first then the villa...but this is based on low season travel when plenty of villas are available.

There is usually more opportunity to save $$ on airfare, so booking the flights first may be best for $avings.