US Airways- what?

Travel discussion for St. John
Dome526

US Airways- what?

Post by Dome526 »

I have flights booked on UScare....nd for the second time in a week, they made a change on the flights times. The arrival is still on track for 2:37 (after a small change). However, the departing flight is now forcing a walk of shame to start almost 2 hours earlier. What the heck is going on? Do airlines frequently change flights times? 2 hours is 2 hours of less fun in STJ. Not happy.
mit43

Re: US Airways- what?

Post by mit43 »

Yes, it happens all the time with most Airlines. It is what it is....
Tim
Just Another Day in Paradise!!!
brenda

Post by brenda »

I agree, our changes are miniscule at this time, but it is out of our hands!
Going "home" again October 26th!
silverheels

Post by silverheels »

Not only did they come up with different flight times on my recent trip but they changed the plane so that the seats that we had originally booked were different.
Check out your seat assignments.
P-600

Post by P-600 »

This happened to us on American Airlines too. They changed our flight three times!

Julie
Live from St.John
Facebook Group
jwwj

Post by jwwj »

Just happened to us with our November flight with United. Was able to call and find a slightly better flight but we are still getting in 3 hours later than originally. A little disappointing but when I'm on the way to my happy place I'm always a happy traveler.
You don't stop playing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop playing.
jimg20

Post by jimg20 »

We had that experience on our Delta Australia flights. It was made worse by the fact that we booked them so early. Not only did they frequently change, the changes were so serious that they had to rebook us three times. :cry:

JIM
Man it's like some dream we live down here....

PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

Yes, changing flight times is common. We haven't ever been impacted by huge shifts in arrivals or departures (knock wood) but I don't think we have taken a trip in the past ten years where I didn't get constant emails about time changes.
silverheels wrote: Check out your seat assignments.
Yes, especially if seat location and/or sitting together is important to you. In February, the plane was upgraded to a larger jet and people were freaking out because their seat assignments changed. My husband was moved away from my son and me. Not a huge deal to me but the man next to my son was insisting that I relocate my six-year to a seat a few rows back so he could sit next to his wife. Things got nasty.
mit43

Post by mit43 »

This year our weekday flights were completely canceled with no notice! US Airways decided to only fly to STT on the weekends in the off-season. Luckily I caught it early and they switched us to the Saturday flight without charging us more miles for the weekend flight. It is actually a better flight since it gets in 3 hours earlier than we had planned. We did have to call and get our seat assignments together since they switched to larger aircraft.

It is a very good idea to check your reservation regularly!!!

US may want to reconsider since the flights are for the most part, completely full weeks ahead of the departure.
Tim
Just Another Day in Paradise!!!
Dome526

Post by Dome526 »

Thanks for the headsup! I just went into the US scare website, and changed our seats to be able to sit next to each other. Never would have thought to do so if it weren't for you veterans! I am already trying to figure out when we are going again, and we haven;t even been there yet! I totally get it!