STJ through the eyes of a 7-year old

Travel discussion for St. John
bdkane

Post by bdkane »

Loved it! Thanks for posting :D
JJShaw

Post by JJShaw »

I always look forward to your trip reports...Thanks...It was great as usual....:)
[/url]
piscesgirl0314

Post by piscesgirl0314 »

I LOVED reading your trip report. My daughters first trip was when she was five...and like your precious son, our precious daughter loves our Sweet St John as well. Shes been three times and looks forward to the next trip. Its become our families island. A place we reconnect. Thanks you for sharing your special trip with all of us. It was exactly what I needed.
ruffmom

Post by ruffmom »

I was so happy to log on and see a trip report by 54b.
That was a truly charming tale...though your other reports were longer so I feel a bit cheated :)

We have brought our children for many years, we actually have had only one quick trip by ourselves but my two boys love St John so much I just didn't feel right leaving them home. I have loved sharing the island with them. But here is a warning, it may come back to bite you. My 22 year old just told me, after graduation from a very expensive college with a degree in international relations, that he thinks he will spend a year on St John picking up a job and hanging out before he goes to graduate school. Yikes, my jaw hit the floor, that is my dream but you don't see me doing it do you? Not sure how I am going to talk him out of that one...um how about a real job now...
54b

Post by 54b »

Thanks, JJ...sounds like you all had another wonderful June trip as well.

Pisces...we have an 18 month-old baby girl and I've got a funny feeling she'll make it to STJ before her brother did. Maybe we can use the "girls mature faster than boys" excuse...

Ruff, I'm pretty sure Archer has already applied for the Marine Biology Program at the University of St. Thomas for the incoming 2023 class....hopefully they give passion based scholarships.

I'll see about blowing out another STJ epic sooner or later.

Thanks again to all for the encouragement.
It’s not about yesterday or tomorrow...It’s about today, for come what may – Sun, rain, or hurricane – we've only time for a smile, and none for sorrow
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

ruffmom wrote:I was so happy to log on and see a trip report by 54b.
That was a truly charming tale...though your other reports were longer so I feel a bit cheated :)

We have brought our children for many years, we actually have had only one quick trip by ourselves but my two boys love St John so much I just didn't feel right leaving them home. I have loved sharing the island with them. But here is a warning, it may come back to bite you. My 22 year old just told me, after graduation from a very expensive college with a degree in international relations, that he thinks he will spend a year on St John picking up a job and hanging out before he goes to graduate school. Yikes, my jaw hit the floor, that is my dream but you don't see me doing it do you? Not sure how I am going to talk him out of that one...um how about a real job now...
Tell him to do it! I will forever remember my time on island as one of the best times of my life. I learned more about myself within my first year there than I had in the previous 28. My only regret is that I didn't do it when I was 22. Life is short and once he gets a real job, he will be just like most of us. Sitting behind our laptops, feeding our obsession and wishing we could!
Capn Dan and Ruby

Post by Capn Dan and Ruby »

Wow! This lets us know that we were spot-on with the age to bring our grand son! Archer is so cute! Racehel was talking about him when she was taking us to the airport. I know it was him because she said that she offered to keep one little boy and he wanted to stay with her. I am an elementary teacher and 7 and 8 are my favorite ages!!! Old enough to understand and young enough to get excited and not worry if he is messing up a "cool rep" :roll: . Thanks!!!!! :D
cindygad

Post by cindygad »

I bet he can't stop talking about it. Thanks for sharing!
Chet

Post by Chet »

Unedited version...
"Mom, I love St. John. You let us eat junk food here. And Dad lets me drink beer!"
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

[/url]
54b

Post by 54b »

Chet wrote:Unedited version...
"Mom, I love St. John. You let us eat junk food here. And Dad lets me drink beer!"
Not yet...but give it some more years, swap out "Clark and Rusty" for me and Archer, change the beer to Presidente and the setting to Ram Head and I can almost guarantee you this is what it'll look and sound like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYTdILs7-1Q
It’s not about yesterday or tomorrow...It’s about today, for come what may – Sun, rain, or hurricane – we've only time for a smile, and none for sorrow
gobucs

Post by gobucs »

Too Funny, i just had to show my co workers
Great report :D
msgcolleen

Post by msgcolleen »

I should be unpacking from our latest trip but something told me to check the forum for a possible 54b trip report! Good as ever and loved to see it through Archer's eyes ... next thing you know you'll be checking out the Gifft Hill School :shock: :wink:
I've got 2 tickets to paradise~Pack your bags we'll leave tonight!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
CBama

Post by CBama »

I'm so glad you took your son this trip. We have taken our kids on all kinds of trips since they were 6 months old. They grow up much too fast and I cherish all those memories and experiences.
Nic in KC

Post by Nic in KC »

Wonderful trip report! Archer is a handsome guy and I know he probably loved having mom and dad to himself for the week too!