42 cars parked at Waterlemon !!!

Travel discussion for St. John
stjchica

Post by stjchica »

Is it that crowded over in the BVI's too or is mostly a USVI thing? Wondering if Jost/Tortola is as affected by this holiday week?
~Pam~
"Barefoot in the snow white sand
A bag of sea shells in her hand
She finally found a paradise it seems..."
RickG

Post by RickG »

Ja, the pain of success. This is why we're headed to Virgin Gorda for Easter week. At least the North swell wasn't up, all of the people on the North shore would have been at Salt Pond and Lameshur... at the same time.

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI
wanackmamak

Post by wanackmamak »

President's Day=School vacation week.
We arrive Saturday, let's hope some of the crowds have already left.
Need2GetAway

Post by Need2GetAway »

We have been to St John twice, once last April (Easter break), and this year Feb 11-21 - so we sort of missed the really big week. (We just got back.)

Things were definitely more crowded this trip. We are early birds to the beaches, so fortunately we always get a parking spot and the best spot on the beach, but some days there were just too many people and cars for comfort. It didn't help that a few of those days the North Swell was up and fewer beaches were available.

I think our next trip we'll try another time of year.
lisa mcg

Post by lisa mcg »

Jost was INSANE on Wed...or, let me say that White Bay was anyway. Reminded me of the Jersey Shore in August, honestly. I was really disappointed..there were 2 cruise ships there and I counted 42 boats. (I was told that the cruise ships added about 400 people) Wall to wall people (like a frat party) and the bar at Soggy's 8 deep. Yuk! We moved down to Glenda's and were able to get a seat and a drink. Bad week to travel and probably the last time I will during Pres Week 8)
all you have to do is smile, smile, smile
JC

Post by JC »

40+ cars at Waterlemon??? YIKES!!!

It will not upset me to get flamed here.

Difficult not to miss Dockside Pub. The hill view before Grande Bay. Sosa's. Front Yard. Inner Visions @ Fred's. Having Waterlemon to ourselves. Having Salt Pond to ourselves. Having Lameshur to ourselves. Disco Fries @ Island Blues. Day-tripping to Pirate's Bight and being on one of only two boats on the dock for lunch. Actually finding a hammock and an open hook game at SDB. Do I sound selfish? :oops:

Having said that...I do consider myself fortunate to have experienced all of that and have mega-fond memories and tons of photos! :wink:

In addition...I cannot list everything I still passionately LOVE about STJ/BVI's! Still paradise to me! Can't stop "progress". Heading out for round 15 in 9!!! March Madness 2012...can't wait!!!

Peace!

"I didn't come here...and I ain't leavin'"