President's Week?

Travel discussion for St. John
stjchica

President's Week?

Post by stjchica »

Why is that week so popular?
Most of March is probably busy too due to spring breaks?
Is the weather usually favorable most of February? Just looking at some options..Thanks~
~Pam~
"Barefoot in the snow white sand
A bag of sea shells in her hand
She finally found a paradise it seems..."
shoemak38

Post by shoemak38 »

School kids from NY and MA (not NH we are week later :lol:) plus others have that week as vacation
shoemak38

Post by shoemak38 »

NE kids get two breaks the one week in Feb and one week in April with the April break called Spring break
Last edited by shoemak38 on Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stjchica

Post by stjchica »

Oh! I didn't realize that. We just get the Monday off...and have a week off in March for spring break. Thanks!
Is February weather pretty nice usually?
~Pam~
mrscaptainjay

Post by mrscaptainjay »

February is great weather and a lot of people get president's day as a holiday so it's just became of the peak weeks. It's also close to Valentines Day so what a great gift to give :-)
loria

Post by loria »

Crowded! ny, nj, Ct and PA (i think) all have that week-- it's nuts! but gorgeous.....
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
Diana2

Post by Diana2 »

loria wrote:Crowded! ny, nj, Ct and PA (i think) all have that week-- it's nuts! but gorgeous.....
I think you mean CROWDED!!! We went in February once and that's enough for me. We had heavy surf on the northshore beaches and consequently the south shore beaches were mobbed with people and parking in town was NEARLY IMPOSSIBLE. Since my husband has a "thing" about paying for parking going into town was not fun. Since that experience wait a few weeks and go after the rates go down in April, May or June.
lisa mcg

Post by lisa mcg »

We go away every year for President's week...one person in our party is a teacher in Boston and that's just the way it is. We always have a good time, good weather and though more crowded than other times, it's still better than being at home:)
all you have to do is smile, smile, smile
loria

Post by loria »

Diana2 wrote:
loria wrote:Crowded! ny, nj, Ct and PA (i think) all have that week-- it's nuts! but gorgeous.....
I think you mean CROWDED!!! We went in February once and that's enough for me. We had heavy surf on the northshore beaches and consequently the south shore beaches were mobbed with people and parking in town was NEARLY IMPOSSIBLE. Since my husband has a "thing" about paying for parking going into town was not fun. Since that experience wait a few weeks and go after the rates go down in April, May or June.
yep.. CROWDED.... but we have two kids in school...so.... we must travel at the expensive time. this year no trip in February..we have Hockey games.....
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
Jeff&Cindy

Post by Jeff&Cindy »

Wife's a teacher here in NY, so we have no choice. ;) Anything for a break from the snow!
scoob

Post by scoob »

Yes, it is crowded....
but you must be patient and enjoy Island time !!
And try not to be some amped up tourist fron NY !!!

Scoob

:D
stjchica

Post by stjchica »

Maybe I will wait til 1st week of June...and go somewhere else in Feb..
~Pam~