1 night stay near ferry before villa week?

Travel discussion for St. John
momto3boys

1 night stay near ferry before villa week?

Post by momto3boys »

Is there anywhere that you can recommend to stay for one night that is walking distance from the ferry? Tossing around flying in the day before our villa rental. Going to dinner in Cruz bay. Getting rental jeep next morning sometime. Maybe late morning so that we can check out more of Cruz Bay first. Then grocery shopping before meeting our villa greeter and heading over to Coral Bay.

Has anyone ever done this? If so, where would you recommend we stay for the one night? Does it make you trip somewhat smoother by not having to go back out to the store after getting your villa?
Kentuckygirl

Post by Kentuckygirl »

We are doing this, and renting a studio at Grande Bay. While looking, others that were suggested to me included Battery Hill, Cruz Bay Boutique Hotel, Lavender Hill, and Serendip.
Image[/url]
Kentuckygirl

Post by Kentuckygirl »

I forgot about your grocery question. We actually like to have some things provisioned to get us started. If you have time though, you might want to pick up a few things. I just wouldn't want to have too many perishables to put away while the greeter was trying to show us around. :wink:
Image[/url]
momto3boys

Post by momto3boys »

Kentuckygirl wrote:We are doing this, and renting a studio at Grande Bay. While looking, others that were suggested to me included Battery Hill, Cruz Bay Boutique Hotel, Lavender Hill, and Serendip.
Thank you. Off to check those out now.
momto3boys

Post by momto3boys »

It looks like only the Cruz Bay Boutique Hotel is walking distance. The Grand Bay says that one night does not meet the minimum requirement.
KJS

One night stay in Cruz Bay

Post by KJS »

There is Gallows Point Resort that may be able to accomodate you. They don't accept children under 5 though
b-as-u-r

Post by b-as-u-r »

I vote for the Cruz Bay Boutique. I stayed there one night and thought it was great!!!! Ali~
STJ - I "get it"
Jen East End

Post by Jen East End »

We've done this twice, both times stayed at St. John Inn. Staying there again in May but at the end of our trip, turning in the jeep early and spending time in Cruz Bay before returning home. Have really enjoyed both previous stays! Staff is friendly and accommodating. There is a small pool and breakfast is included.
[/url]
Kentuckygirl

Post by Kentuckygirl »

momto3boys wrote:It looks like only the Cruz Bay Boutique Hotel is walking distance. The Grand Bay says that one night does not meet the minimum requirement.
We are staying 3 nights, but some of the Grande Bay owners might work with you. Have you tried them through vrbo?
That said, I think you have other good options too with Cruz Bay Boutique and St John Inn!
Image[/url]
momto3boys

Post by momto3boys »

Kentuckygirl wrote:
momto3boys wrote:It looks like only the Cruz Bay Boutique Hotel is walking distance. The Grand Bay says that one night does not meet the minimum requirement.
We are staying 3 nights, but some of the Grande Bay owners might work with you. Have you tried them through vrbo?
That said, I think you have other good options too with Cruz Bay Boutique and St John Inn!
Had my heart set on Cruz bay Boutique. They will not rent for less than one weekend night for our dates. So that is out. I did talk to them to be sure. I am going to forward the St. John Inn to my husband but I think he has decided now either one extra night at our villa or stay with just the week. Bummer. I was looking forward to strolling around Cruz Bay for one night and not having to drive back to Coral Bay.
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

Did you consider staying on STT for the first night and taking an early ferry in the morning? You could pick up your jeep and shop prior to meeting the greeter.

We stayed on STT for our first night last summer and it was fun. We had dinner then visited Blackbeard's Castle in the morning before heading over to STJ.
momto3boys

Post by momto3boys »

PA Girl wrote:Did you consider staying on STT for the first night and taking an early ferry in the morning? You could pick up your jeep and shop prior to meeting the greeter.

We stayed on STT for our first night last summer and it was fun. We had dinner then visited Blackbeard's Castle in the morning before heading over to STJ.
Where did you stay at? We have considered this. Wondered if it would be too much trouble though. How did you get to where you stayed on STT?
KJS

Post by KJS »

Gallows Point Resort - the bellman picks you up at the ferry dock. Their concierge will have the Jeep delivered to you or their bellman will take you back to the ferry dock the next day. It is walking distance either way. They have a small pool, beach for snorkeling. It is more private and quieter than staying right in Cruz Bay town, but still so close you can walk to downtown to check out the action. The units have kitchens so you can make your own dinner and/or breakfast. They are one bedroom units with extra sleeping arrangements to be able to sleep 5 with the pullout queen size sleeper sofa and rollaways.
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

We stayed at the Green Iguana. It was just fine for one night. Very clean, nice innkeepers, cold AC.

We took a cab from the airport. For dinner, we walked down the hill to the harbor area and took a cab back to the inn. The next morning we walked down the harbor for breakfast and then to Blackbeards.

There are some places that will pick up guests at the airport but I received feedback from other forum members that it isn't always timely or reliable.

There is a Best Western right next to the aiport that people from the forum stay at before and after flights. It is right on a nice looking beach.