Pizza

Travel discussion for St. John
jmq

Post by jmq »

Xislandgirl wrote:
Crdicken wrote:Sorry. Cheap by island standards. You can feed 3 or 4 people on that $17 pizza. $5 for dinner is cheap to me. Just sayin'.
I have to agree with that. For 2 people that is cheap, island or not. For us to eat dinner for under $20 anywhere is a bargain!
Large Cheese Pizza at home is $13.50 so, I don't think $17 is really all that much more.
Tru dat. Picked up a white pizza at fav local NJ pizza joint the other day: $16. I was taken aback enough that these words actually came out of my mouth "wow prices for pizza are getting out of hand" to which the owner blamed his own increased costs for the cheese and flour.

At least it was very good - he hadnt let his quality slip too. We had tried a new place last month several dollars cheaper but the crust was nondescript and the cheese was crazy salty, a sure sign of inferior quality.
When we come to place where the sea and the sky collide
Throw me over the edge and let my spirit glide
tjwgrr

Post by tjwgrr »

Another plug for Ronnie's. My hard to please wife (with regards to pizza) who's a former NJ native (close to NYC) loves Ronnie's...despite the fact he's from the Boston area IIRC. :wink:
Barb Y

Post by Barb Y »

We had a few of Ronnie's pies delivered to us at the Westin and they were great. We also loved the pizza from across from Joe's Rum Hut (awesome if you love NY style thin crust yummy).