Garden by the Sea B and B

Travel discussion for St. John
LauraD

Garden by the Sea B and B

Post by LauraD »

Hello all, Has anyone stayed at this B and B in Cruz Bay? Looks really nice and quiet. I will most likely be on StJ again next Mayish by myself and want something close to Cruz Bay. Thanks, Laura
You must be the change you want to see in the world
Mary L

Post by Mary L »

I didn't stay there but I did stay right above it in a condo and it's in a great location to walk into town.
bill

garden by the sea b and b

Post by bill »

Several years ago we stayed at Coconut Coast and took a walk over to Garden by the Sea. The owners gave us a tour. It looked really nice. It's in a great spot to walk to town. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there. The rooms looked very clean and cozy and the breakfast looked great too. Owners are very nice and accomodating.

Hope this helps.
LauraD

Post by LauraD »

Thank you, it does look nice and will put it on the top of my list. Would like to hear more from people who have stayed here or some of the local folks. I may even bring my daughter and SIL to stay in a separate room as it is very reasonably priced. Laura
cliffnchristi

Post by cliffnchristi »

We met a couple at the Beach Bar who were staying there for their honeymoon. They liked it.
yogagirl

Post by yogagirl »

we stayed there around 3 years ago when we on island for a wedding for a few days. It was very nice, the person onsite who managed the Inn was nice and made breakfast each day. The breakfasts were really good. There was a common room with a couch and small kitchen with a shared refrigerator with shelves for each room. Our room was actually 2 rooms, a front sitting room and then the bedroom and open air shower...the bathroom was very big and it was nice. We did not really have a view from our room. My mother also stayed in a separate room on the upper floor and had a nice view and deck up there. She did like it as well. It was close to town but we found we drove anyways because we felt it was quite a walk but is walkable if you don't mind hills. There was a trail I think that went to Cruz Bay but we never took it. No tvs in the room at the time...was no issue for myself and my husband but my mom wished she had a tv. In general I would recommend if you enjoy a bed and breakfast type place that is close to Cruz Bay.
bill

garden by the sea b and b

Post by bill »

Have you considered Estate Lindholm. Great bed and breakfast also. Beautiful views, beautiful gardens and really nice owners. WE have stayed a few times and really love it!
LauraD

Post by LauraD »

Thank you all for the replies and suggestions.
I relly like the casualness of GBTS and will book to stay there.
This is the first time in my 12+++ times on STJ that I will more than likely travel by myself(my family and friends want to go elsewhere). I will also go with, but always return even if it will be only me.
Now, I live in Central Florida and know the hurricane risks, but, thinking either first week of August or mid November.
Decisions, decisions.....
toni

Post by toni »

I vote for November, but that's 'cause that's when my ticker shows we'll be there :lol:
nothintolose

Post by nothintolose »

I second Estate Lindholm. Lauren and Brion are great and the grounds are GORGEOUS! Save it as an idea for the future.

I am with toni on the November vote. I would think it would be much nicer weather mid-November. I couldn't believe the temp difference when I was there this past May as opposed to late June or late July. I would assume the case would be the same for August vs November.
"Eat, drink, and be merry for tomorrow we die" - Dave Matthews Band