Need help for a trip to Spain

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
Heather

Need help for a trip to Spain

Post by Heather »

We're going to Marbella for a business trip in August. We land in Malaga and have 2 nights on our own. I'm trying to figure out where to spend those 2 nights - Malaga or is there a town/area nearby that we should see. Thank you very much!
linne

Post by linne »

Malaga is like many other big cities. You can find some interesting historic places, some nice nature, a big garden in the middle of the city etc.. And a lot of traffic!

There are several smaller towns nearby, where it perhaps will be more relaxing to stay, but for 2 nights I don’t know, if it’s worth to take the trouble to go there. But why not stay in Marbella and perhaps take a trip to Malaga? Marbella is a little more exclusive and a little more expensive. But I think it’s possible to get a good offer. We like to stroll in Puerta Banus, the marina, where you can find a lot of very big boats, expensive cars, exclusive stores etc.. We like to sit in one of the restaurants and see people pass by, sometimes only with a cup of coffee and an ice. Marbella also has area filled with small stalls, where it’s possible to buy different things, too example trinkets,to a low price.

Have a nice trip. The Spanish people are normally very nice and very helpful people, so just ask.

Linne
cjroyer

Post by cjroyer »

If you stay in Marbella, I would also recommend a day trip north to the town of Ronda. It is beautiful!
Heather

Post by Heather »

Thank you for your help. Ronda looks beautiful! I'm trying to figure out hotel and transportation from Malaga - Ronda - Marbella as we won't have a car. Any advice would be appreciated.

Linne, have a wonderful time!
toes in the sand

Post by toes in the sand »

While in that area of Spain we stayed in Marbella. We booked the Marriott Marbella Beach Resort through our timeshare group. It was fabulous. I don't usually use that adjective but it really was. The rooms and grounds were fabulous. The beach had experienced some extreme erosion due to weather just prior to our visit. So we did not get to see what it is normally like but it was still nice. The towns and areas around Marbella were nice to visit.
"got a drink in my hand and my toes in the sand"
linne

Post by linne »

Ronda is a very beautiful and interesting place, but the temperature can be high in August. We visited Ronda in July, and it was HOT. So bring a lot of water, if you go.

I guess there will be many places in Marbella, where you can buy a bus trip to Ronda, but perhaps not the day you want to go.

But it's cheap to rent a car with aircon in Spain, so that could be the solution.

Linne