Ok - DH wants to stay in the Cruz Bay area...

Travel discussion for St. John
suzi

Post by suzi »

Actually SKI has a very good plan...on the days that you do not have a car, plan to hike to Salomon and Honeymoon and spend the day there. Or kayak over from Cruz Bay. Fun fun!! another day without a car, do the Reef Bay trek from the Natl Park Service. When staying in Cruz Bay, we have walked over to Gallows and snorkeled from there. If you are staying at Gallows...well...better yet!!! You never have to leave! We LOVE staying in Cruz Bay, but we always have a car to explore during the day. Walk everywhere at night. Certainly dont have to worry about drinking and driving!!! And if you don't have a car, you can always stick out that index finger and get to Hawksnest pretty quick!
ToonMann

Post by ToonMann »

There are at least three villas within easy walking disatance of Cruz Bay:

- Frank Bay House
- Amora
- Gallows Point Seaview

TM
Coden

Post by Coden »

Ski & Suzi - I've listed your ideas...pretty much what we had thought. We have all of our maps from before, so at least we can plan ahead of getting there. Not that anything will be written in stone, we are on vacation. Ha!

Toonman - appreciate the listings...we've pretty much decided where we are staying.

Maggy & Marcia - That is a good idea, but I think for this trip I want to unpack once. Not that my carry-on would be hard to pack again. :wink:

52b - no fear of driving, we did it the last time. I'm ready to go. Varoom-varoom. :D

Pia - thanks for your help!

mbw - my thoughts exactly about a car and vacation. :wink:

Again, we sure appreciate all of the help everyone has given us...just being on The Rock, and meeting up with some of our Forumites... will make our 30th anniversary extra special!!
Coden
Kentuckygirl

Post by Kentuckygirl »

I like the idea of one week in Cruz Bay, one week in Coral, and I'd like to have a car as much as possible!!! And no matter what you all decide...atleast you're going!!! :D
Image[/url]
Pia

Post by Pia »

So where did you decide ???

Pia
Realtor - St John Properties
Coden

Post by Coden »

Pia - sent you a PM. :)

[quote=kentuckygirl]And no matter what you all decide...at least you're going!!! [/quote]

Couldn't have said it better myself. :wink:
Coden
jayseadee

Post by jayseadee »

Our last and next trips were a week in Coral Bay and a few days in Cruz Bay. We do not keep the car in Cruz Bay, but are walkable to town for dinner and taxi to the beach. We love the convenience of Grande Bay.
janet
Coden

Post by Coden »

jayseadee - That sounds like a good way to do it. :wink:
Coden