BUSY TIME

Travel discussion for St. John
junebug

BUSY TIME

Post by junebug »

IS IT BUSY IN ST JOHN IN EARLY DEC. IS EVERY THING OPEN AT THAT TIME . IS THERE A LOT LESS PEOPLE IN OCT OR NOV.
Knolmom

Busy time?

Post by Knolmom »

As I recall, it is not very busy from thr week after Thanksgiving until the week before Christmas. We went once for the first week in December. It was breezy up on the north shore and on Bordeaux and Carolina, and the pool was too cold to use. The ocean tempature was just a little cooler than November but the surf was up on the North Shore beaches during a few days of our trip.
Not the ideal time for me, but anytime on St John is better than being home.
akersten

Post by akersten »

I think early December is a perfect time to go. I would choose November or December before October, which has a higher risk of hurricanes. It's not busy in December but most everything is open, we've never a problem finding a parking spot at the beaches at that time. The water has always been warm enough to go in when we've visited in November and December.
Apr 2012 STJ: Waterklip
Dec 2011 STJ: Villa Colorado
Mar 2011 STX: Gentle Winds I-10
Jun 2010 STJ: Anole
May 2010 STX: Carambola Beach Resort
Dec 2007 STJ: Villa Bijou
Nov 2006 STJ: Idyllic
Mar 2003 STJ: Dreamcatcher
Nov 2002 STJ: Westin
wishiwasinthevi

Post by wishiwasinthevi »

We were the Oct 30-November 6 last year and it really was a great time to be on the island, the weather was great, there was hardly anyone in the beaches, the restaurants werent busy(some were closed) and it just want busy in general. Some restaurants were still closed, the only one we had wanted to try that hadnt opened back up yet was the Doney Diner. The only downside was the remnants of a hurricane blew through the day we were leaving and we were unable to leave St Thomas in time to make our connecting flight in Miami so we had to spend the night in Miami unexpectedly.