Best carryout

Travel discussion for St. John
kristen1206

Best carryout

Post by kristen1206 »

What are the best places for carryout if there is an evening when we don't feel like cooking but want to stay at the villa for dinner. Looking for good but inexpensive food. Thanks!
Chicken

Post by Chicken »

Sheila's Pot across from the ferry dock in front of the gazebo. You can feed 3 people for $10 (her portions are HUGE) and it's all made-from-scratch West Indian food. It's delicious and Sheila is a true island treasure.
kristen1206

Post by kristen1206 »

Sounds perfect, thanks!
Pia

Post by Pia »

Shelas Pot is no longer there :( With the park being renovated she has been asked to leave and so far no where has been found for her.

You can try Uncle Joes BBQ, Candies BBQ, Pizza, or even take away from Woody's to name a few.

Pia
Realtor - St John Properties
kristen1206

Post by kristen1206 »

Thanks Pia. is Uncle Joe's in Cruz Bay? And I didn't see a menu on Woody's web site. Do you know if there is one online that I am just missing? And where is a good place to get pizza?
kristen1206

Post by kristen1206 »

Though I don't arrive for 3 months so maybe Shela will have found a new spot by then :)
Chicken

Post by Chicken »

TERRIBLE news about Sheila!!! :(

Best pizza is Cafe Roma. Ronnie's is great, too. If you're on the East End, try Donkey Diner.

Pia, please keep us updated on Sheila...
iowaguy

Post by iowaguy »

"Ronnie's Pizza 'n mo" has pizza 'n mo. The "mo" is usually pasta or maybe chicken marsala, chicken parmagianna, other Italian items. You might check out their FB site for a menu. By the time you arrive, Sam and Jack's might be offering dinners for take-out.
---Jim
mahojim

Post by mahojim »

Can't miss Uncle Joe's. You walk off of the ferry dock, and go left. Follow the road/street as it bends around (parking lot & restrooms on your left)to the right, and go straight up to the end of the street. You'll find it on the corner to your left behind the information booth, across the street from Cap's Place. The Post Office will be on your right. I'm sure someone will chime in on the phone # for call ahead. I'm looking forward to trying Candi's, but thus far Uncle Joe's is a "must do" every trip!
Enjoy, and always
Smiles-
MJ
AquaGirl

Post by AquaGirl »

We love the West Indian food at Sogos. We like to get it carry-out and take it back to our villa for a sunset dinner. My hubby likes her curried goat and I like the shrimp creole. Served with lots of veggie side dishes too. We have tried some tropical juices which were yummy too.
stjohnjulie

Post by stjohnjulie »

I just did take out from Black Sand Bistro last night and it was amazing! These are the guys from La Plancha del Mar, in their old spot on the second level of the Marketplace. The menu consists of a lot of the favorite lunch items that didn't make it to the new spot (because they only do dinner at the new spot) and a lot of other great sandwiches and entrees as well. Menu items are from $6-$18. I couldn't find a menu online as of yet, I'll ask them about it. I had their smoked chicken penne last night and it was sooooo yum O! Their phone number is 340-779-1998. I'll work on getting the menu :)
grandpainin

Post by grandpainin »

Joe's ribs
Kealani

Post by Kealani »

We liked pizza from Donkey Diner- but they only have it a few nights a week
Betty

Post by Betty »

Garbo from G-Spot has moved to the Pizza Place across from Joe's Rum Hut, Wharfside Village. He is an excellent cook, My husband had the best fried chicken and white gravy the other day and I had the beef stew. The pizza is also excellent, Garbo has changed the crust and it is very good.
tjwgrr

Post by tjwgrr »

Ditto for Joe's and Ronnie's